Is this boat a good buy?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Wondering if you guys think this is a good buy. Guys asking $1600. Thanks in advance.
28mhftz.jpg
1topr6.jpg

DETAILS!!!!!!! what year motor size age does it run? how is the trailer does it have a title for boat ad trailer
need some details

Sorry, Iam new to boating. He said he's unsure on the year. The motor is a tracker 25 and everything works as it should the trailer is prolly a 7 out of 10. Boat has a livewell and a couple storage compartments no trolling motor. The boat is 15' and is also prolly a 7 overall. Thanks for your reply.

Pretty sure Force made the "Tracker" motors back then. Force was bought out by Merc later on, then fazed out in the late 90's. I had a 40 hp Force. Rough running, hard starting and wasn't my favorite motor.

Looks like a mid to late 90's boat and motor. The motor during that era would have been a true Mercury/Mariner, and not a Force by Mercury. Just make sure the motor runs good. $1600 seems fair but check the trailer for cracks in the tubing/frame rails ( they built them really cheap back then ). Check the boat over for soft spots in the floor indicating rot and water logged foam ( repairable but I've heard it can be a pain with tracker boats ). These are not deal breakers if it is minor but are point's of negotiation.

Guy now says he will take $1200. He also said the boat wasn't stable enough for him which kinda worries me because it will be used on a lake for bass fishing. Thanks for everyone's responses.

in my area that would be a deal! especially this time of year. so long as the motor runs and the boat doesn't leak like a siv.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=350934#p350934 said:
Keystone » less than a minute ago[/url]"]
[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=350930#p350930 said:
lovedr79 » 30 minutes ago[/url]"]in my area that would be a deal! especially this time of year. so long as the motor runs and the boat doesn't leak like a siv.

My thoughts too. If all of the paperwork is in order to transfer ownership, it doesn't leak like a showerhead and the motor runs decent (water pump too) I'd say it was a deal.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=350921#p350921 said:
bassinillinois » Today, 06:48[/url]"]43" in the front 53" in the middle
Where are you measuring at? Measure across the bottom of the hull for width, not at the top of the gunnels.
Even at a 48" bottom, that boat should be pretty stable.
Sounds like a good price, unless there are issues like others are mentioning.

Seems like a good price, papers HAVE to be in order, especially in IL, assuming thats where you are from.
Having said that, the boat does look narrow in those photos and that front seat looks high enough to use as a
stepladder.

$1200 is a great price if everything is in good working order. Stability shouldn't be that bad as long as the bottom width of the boat is over 42".

Thanks for everyone's opinions and suggestions I went ahead and purchased the boat for $1300 and he threw in a power drive trolling motor. Seems to be a solid boat and it's a 1998. Thanks again everyone

Latest posts