It's Been a While-Lots of Fish

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishinsMyLife

Reaction score
Finishing high school, applying for college, and hunting season has kept me off the site for a while, but I have been doing some fishing recently.

Back during turkey season, I found some Indian pottery and a perfect arrowhead on my family's land I've been running around on all my life. Pretty neat stuff.
Pottery.jpg

Arrowhead.jpg

The pond on that property is out of balance-a lot of little bass
Bass4.jpg

The other pond I fish a good bit has a lot of good bass in it. It's where I've caught 3 bass over 11 pounds.

Caught on a live shiner. All that grass came in with him :lol:
Bass1-1.jpg

Inhalation
Bass2-1.jpg

My biggest bass this year: 6lbs +-
Bass3-1.jpg

3 big crappie:all over a pound
Crappie2.jpg

Pickerel
Jackfish2-1.jpg

My buddy had been on me to take him fishing. I figured he had some knowledge on how to fish, but he showed up without a rod and he didn't know how to cast a spinning reel. He learned quickly though, and he was a good sport through the 100* heat and poor bite.
PatricksBass.jpg

My brother has never caught any really big bass, so I tried to get him on one. Not huge, but his biggest two probably. I'm trying to teach him the "hold the fish out close to the camera" technique :lol:
VicsBass1.jpg

VicsBass2.jpg

Dead deer that greeted me one morning. Deer was the size of a yearling, This was a couple days after I heard a pack of wild dogs kill a fawn (rode around behind the pond after hearing the bawling and dogs barking to find the fawn).
DeadDeer.jpg

A while back, my friend and I wanted to get on some fish as it had been a while since either of us had caught anything. Plans were to hit a local creek for a mess of redbreasts, but it turns out the hour of drizzle we got had the creek running high and muddy. Made a couple phone calls, but my other buddy (with the boat...) didn't want to hit the lake.

We thought about hitting a few ponds, but all the "bo's" around here have been hitting them hard from the bank.

Picked up some baits, headed down the road, parked, and made a trek to spot I had seen but never fished. Water was high and muddy with less than a foot of visibility, but the bass were willing to cooperate for a window of time.

I caught four, all within a couple ounces of each other right around the 2.5 pound mark. My buddy hooked up on his first cast on a bait I doubted would work..his only fish.
GarrettsBass.jpg

That got me wanting to get on the river more. The stripers should have been up around that time, but they wouldn't cooperate for me yet.I talked to another fella on the water and he was targeting the stocked trout. That got me hooked on them for a while. They are just stocked (not "native") but these fish get hard to catch after being stocked in the winter and pressured hard since then. Some manage to hold-over through the summers, and there are reports of 9lb'ers being caught. I finally figured them out a little bit, anyway. Mainly rainbows, but I have caught a few little browns.

Brown
BrownTrout1.jpg

Brown
BrownTrout2.jpg

Brown
BrownTrout3.jpg

Rainbow
RainbowTrout1.jpg

Rainbow
RainbowTrout2.jpg

Rainbow
RainbowTrout3.jpg

Rainbow
RainbowTrout4.jpg

Rainbow
RainbowTrout5.jpg

Had this snake waiting on me one morning. It looks like a copperhead in the picture, but I'm pretty sure it was a water snake.
Snake.jpg

I have one hole on the river that's almost always good for a pickerel. I've caught about 5 of them, all around this size.
Jackfish1-1.jpg

Then I stuck this striper on a spoon I was throwing for trout. I wasn't really targeting them (as you're not supposed during the summer :? but they happened to be around when I was targeting the largemouths :wink:
Striper3.jpg

Striper
Striper4.jpg

Striper
Striper2.jpg

Striper
Striper5.jpg

And another striper with two trout that went home for supper.
TroutandStriper.jpg

Picked up a good sized Perch tossing an X-Rap for stripers.
Perch.jpg

Today, my Stradic and Cumara came in, and I broke it in with this biggest striper on the year, as well as one more that didn't get its picture taken (along with 12 or so other stripers around 4lbs over the last week)
Striper1.jpg

Random crappie I picked up in a different location. A little over a pound.
Crappie-2.jpg

Great report.
Nice find on that arrowhead and nice size perch.
Always an adventure,nice read.

Awesome report, I am glad to see that you are still slammin fish. That stradic cumara setup makes me drool, even better next to the striper. I am kinda glad you haven't gotten any serious slob lm this year, I get so jealous. :roll: Nice work and thanks =D>

Latest posts