Jim's worms!!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMDave

Reaction score
These baits are great, I have four colors, but have only tried three out. All three caught me fish so far. First off, these baits are very soft yet durable. They feel similar or exactly like the Yum Dinger. It is durable, but soft enough to have a lot of action 8) . These colors are also very well done, and the Pumpkinseed is more like a Green Pumpkin (great cause I didn't want to buy that $6.00 pack of GYCB senkos lol). The clear looks really good as well, altough not completely transparent, it is translucent, but still it's my first time seeing a "clear" stick bait. The glitter work in the clear stick baits is also great. There is black flakes with multi-colored silverish flakes. These would be absolutely killer in the night, as it would probably mess with the moonlight and look like a glow-in-the-dark bait. I dipped one's tail in chartreuse spike-it. It looks awesome! Unfortunately that was the only clear stickbait I tested and lost it to a chain pickerel today (daytime). The other two I have used are the Avocado (or watermelon?) and the Pumpkinseed, or green pumpkin. The avocado one caught me a nice 2lber when I used it on a weightless t-rig about 5 feet or so off the shore. These baits have the perfect sink rate for me; a little faster than a Tiki Stick, yet slower than a GYCB senko. The Green Pumpkin caught me 2 bass today in the same lake as the pickerel; one was a 1.5lber and one was a 2lber. I caught the 1.5lber on a weightless t-rig near a dock and the 2lber near the dock as well, but on a wacky rig. These worms resist tearing very well while keeping great action, although no worm comes CLOSE to the original GYCB (although I often have to replace it after one fish).

Sorry no pics of the fish or the clear/chartreuse stick bait!

Durability: 25/25
-Great durability, doesn't rip easily and is very stretchy, yet still retains is softness very well.

Action: 23/25
-The bait is durable, yet doesn't sacrifice too much action. It has the same action as a Yum Dinger, but slightly less action than a Tiki Stick, and FAR less than a GYCB (but don't worry, nobody can do that).
-The best action is on fluorocarbon IMO. The floating braided line and monofilament slow down the sink and keep it near the top when the bait is unweighted.

Sink Rate: 25/25
-Perfectly done for my style of fishing! As I said before, slower than a GYCB but faster than a Tiki Stick! Nicely done!

Color: 23/25
-All the colors were amazing (especially the clear), but the Watermelon/Red brought down the score. You can't really see any watermelon. You should lighten up on the red flake, or use smaller red flake.

Overall: 96/100
Great product Jim! I basically love everything about this stick bait! One thing though, I put my plastics in a Plano 3650 and 3700 boxes (taken out of their bags) and place them in seperate sections (don't worry I close the seperate the different baits with dividers). This greenish liquid comes off from the Watermelon (avocado?) and the watermelon/red and seeps under the dividers and gets on some other surrounding baits and stains my Plano boxes. I don't have this problem with the Pumpkinseed (Green Pumpkin) or the Clear ones. This is something to improve on.

Wow Man! Great review on your opinion of those worms.

I was using too much worm oil at first, that is what caused the seepage. I have learned that 1-2 drops per package of worms will do it. Did it stain the box permanently? Let me know and I will get you another one.

Thanks again!

Jim

No it didn't stain them permanently, I just needed to rub it down with a wet paper towel for a minute or so. :lol: