Just gettin started

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaymaglures

Reaction score
Just bought a 1970's ??? Feather Craft cant find out what year or make it is. #'s on the transom are BF2750GFWD does anyone have a clue???? Also I want to strip the hull what is the best way to achieve this ????? This is a great site Im sure somebody knows the answer.
Thanks in advance

Klean-Strip Aircraft Paint Remover is the best thing I have found. Put on, let bubble then scrape off (i used a Stainless thin putty knife), wash rinse repeat. I found that a pressure washer really speeds this up, but beware that it WILL strip paint from anything it lands on (car, garage door etc).

I could be wrong but from what I can tell based on the info I'm finding, it looks like it might be a 1965 model. Got any pics of it you can post?

Here are a couple of pics.

Attachments

• Before Boat pictures 016.JPG
    Before Boat pictures 016.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 559
  • Before Boat pictures 001.JPG
    Before Boat pictures 001.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 559
  • Before Boat pictures 002.JPG
    Before Boat pictures 002.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 559
I can tell already this is a great site with great people I just need to become better a site "NAVIGATION" but not to hard so far.
Very eager to get started I have two grandchildren that are chompin at the bit to go fishin with POPPY in his boat.

It's hard to beat fishing with your grandchildren, just be prepared to get outfished sometimes, but those are the best times of fishing with the little squirts, they will have ear to ear grins.

Makin some headway. Seems my boat is a Fisher 14 with a FL14W model which means it has a built in live well. As for the year the search continues it may be a 60's boat for sure.

Latest posts