Late Post...... But....

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

USSWormy

Reaction score
Better Late than never. Me and my fishin' buddy Had a good 2 day's on a local river here in the upstate of SC this past weekend. Thought I would share a few pics. Sunny, Mid 60's, water temp 62, using crankbaits and jig & plastic. Had better luck on the cranks (when we could keep the falling leaves off of 'em, LOL) Most bit either at daybreak, or around Midday, and most were Largemouth with a few Spots and White Bass........ Thanks,

IMG_0059.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg

Jim said:
Very cool! Thanks for posting the pictures :beer:

What kind of fish is in the last picture? Is it a largemouth?
Looks like a spotted bass to me, and a nice one that at =D>

Thanks, we call 'em Spots or Kentucky. Which ever you prefer. There seems to be a pretty good concentration of 'em on this stretch of river, but you rarely (unless your fishing deep lakes like Keowee or Jocassee in these parts) catch any in the reservoirs.

Oh by the way......... They pull pretty hard!

Is the water your fishing,really clear?
Is that why the fish are so light colored or are they always that color?
Looked like a great weekend.

Zum, water usually stays dingy most all the time now due to up-river construction. I 'spect as soon as they compltee their work it will go back to normal, but it's been 2 years, and I have forgot what "normal" was (lol). Water's a bit cooler now so that might have a little to do with it too.

Loggerhead Mike said:
i need to get yuns some vols hats :mrgreen:

I know what you mean....... My brother-in-law is a Vols fan Bigtime :lol: (except for the last few weeks.............) :oops: The chickens been doing a little better of late. =D>

if you had been wearing some Clemson hats in those rivers, you would have got a lot better bite.... you know we have those fish trained up there.

I won't go that far though - I pull for SC when their not playing Clemson. Now that I think about it, I probably shouldn't post this considering what the game may be like this year!

russ010 said:
if you had been wearing some Clemson hats in those rivers, you would have got a lot better bite.... you know we have those fish trained up there.

I won't go that far though - I pull for SC when their not playing Clemson. Now that I think about it, I probably shouldn't post this considering what the game may be like this year!

I hear ya Russ! Believe it or not, I pull for Clemson as well, (except when playin' the Gamecocks of course). The Rivalry is a pretty touchy thing up around here at times, and there are very few fence straddlers if you know what I mean. You are either for one or the other. And it doesn't really seem to matter what kind of year either team has had........... they play each other hard for braggin' rights, after all, this is pretty much our Super Bowl around here (as I am sure you know!)

Thanks for all the kind posts folks, really appreciated. I did a little crappie fishing this weekend, but have no pictures. Ended up keeping around a dozen to filet up for me and wifey. Great day yesterday with the weather and all... :)

Latest posts