Let's hear about your favorite Droid Apps

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im a dropbox expert :LOL2:

That is what I use for the motor manuals. I have 10GB of free space now. I love it. I use it all the time and back up important files encrypted with truecrypt. Only share what I need to share...........

Thanks guys.......

I'm going to download it today then..... it would be cool to store music and photo's in there, instead of taking up space on the phone itself.

As a non Smart phone guy (Dumb phone guy?), when you guys with all these apps are doing all the things you do, do you run out of battery often? Seems with my phone, an LG Rumor II, I can get a day out of the battery if I do a decent amount of testing or phone calls. Seems all these other things like gaming and music would eat up the battery life pretty quickly.

Popeye said:
As a non Smart phone guy (Dumb phone guy?), when you guys with all these apps are doing all the things you do, do you run out of battery often? Seems with my phone, an LG Rumor II, I can get a day out of the battery if I do a decent amount of testing or phone calls. Seems all these other things like gaming and music would eat up the battery life pretty quickly.

Yep..... I fixed it "TIM ALLEN" style though and paid for a 3500mah seido battery. Stock was a 1350mah... :mrgreen: Now I get two full days of phone calls, texting, inernet surfing, and gaming, and if it gets real crazy I can also throw in the stock battery.

BTW.... the girl in your signature made me laugh to the point coffee almost came out my nose.. :LOL2:

BassAddict said:
perchin said:
Yep..... I fixed it "TIM ALLEN" style

Hook me up perchin!!!! On my Blackberry Curve I get maybe 3/4 day of heavy use before I need to recharge.

Great signature picture Popeye!!!

BassAddict........ I just looked up what Seido was selling as an upgrade for my model phone, then I went to ebay and found one. On ebay it cost me about $45.00 shipped to my house with a new Backplate for the phone. If I ordered it through Seido directly it would of cost about $70.00. I'll look up your phone and let ya know what I find.

**EDIT** which model do you have, I started looking and now realize there are many curve models....

perchin said:
BassAddict said:
perchin said:
Yep..... I fixed it "TIM ALLEN" style

Hook me up perchin!!!! On my Blackberry Curve I get maybe 3/4 day of heavy use before I need to recharge.

Great signature picture Popeye!!!

BassAddict........ I just looked up what Seido was selling as an upgrade for my model phone, then I went to ebay and found one. On ebay it cost me about $45.00 shipped to my house with a new Backplate for the phone. If I ordered it through Seido directly it would of cost about $70.00. I'll look up your phone and let ya know what I find.

**EDIT** which model do you have, I started looking and now realize there are many curve models....

Thanks, its the curve 8530

Well I found one...... You can find them a bit cheaper, but this comes with shipping included and is from a power-seller with 100% feedback. Also its a name brand (Seido)..... you might want to check up on them on ebay for a few days and wait out a steal.

https://cgi.ebay.com/SEIDIO-EXTENDED-BATTERY-BLACKBERRY-CURVE2-8530-8520-/150496481917?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item230a4a127d

blackberry guy here. Hopefully the guys at RIM will start coming out with some cooler apps to be competitive!

Thanks for the lists guys... several there I have not tried yet. I upgraded from the BB Storm 1 to the Samsung Fascinate on Verizon a month or so back and so far I love this phone. My favorite droid apps are:

-AppBrain - Dedicated app site that allows you to sync your current apps on your phone with your computer. Great for keeping track of what you have, what needs updated and searching for new apps.

-Astro - Previously mentioned

-Barcode Scanner - I use this when shopping... scan the barcode of the item you are looking at and then search Google to see if you can find it cheaper at a different location.

-Bible - This is a nice Bible app from YouVersion.com.

-Bubble - Nice level app.

-Custom Car Home - Nice app for utilizing multiple application while your phone is in it's GPS dock.

-Dictionary.com - Self Explanatory

-Dropbox - Previously mentioned... great for storing and sharing info as needed.

-Facebook - Self Explanatory

-FireFox - Beta version just released that is utilized the same way as your FireFox browser on your PC. You can now also sync the information from FF on your PC to your droid phone.

-Grooveshark - Free music streaming app that allows you to search for specific music, listen to it and create your own playlists.

-Key Ring - Allows you store the barcodes for all of your Value Cards for different retailers (i.e. - BassPro, Kroger, Dick's, etc.)

-Google Maps / Navigation - Gives turn by turn directions just like a stand alone GPS

-Our Groceries - Lets you keep multiple shopping lists and sync them between multiple phones. My wife loves this one as she can create a list at home, sync it to my phone and then call me to pick everything up.

-RingDroid - Allows you to clip specific parts of a song to make ringtones.

-Root Explorer - A more powerful version of Astro.

-ScoreMobile - This is my favorite sports app. Gives me access to College FB, BB, NFL, Nascar, Etc.

-ShootMe - Allows you to take a screenshot of your phone.

-TV Listing - Allows you to select you TV provider and see a listing of shows for the stations you have. Station listing is customizable.

-VCast Song ID - Allows your phone to identify the name and artist of the song you are listening to by holding the mic of your phone up to the radio.

-Weatherbug - Previously mentioned.

-Wireless Tether - Use your phone as a wireless network for up to 5 other devices.

-Wordfeud - Great little game for Droids similar to scrabble.

perchin said:
Well I found one...... You can find them a bit cheaper, but this comes with shipping included and is from a power-seller with 100% feedback. Also its a name brand (Seido)..... you might want to check up on them on ebay for a few days and wait out a steal.

https://cgi.ebay.com/SEIDIO-EXTENDED-BATTERY-BLACKBERRY-CURVE2-8530-8520-/150496481917?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item230a4a127d

Thanks for the link Perchin. Ill most likely pick that up in the next week or so. I love this phone but I'm tired of its crappy battery life and haveing to charge it throughout the day

i have the motorola milestone. my favourite app is isyncr. it allows you to acces itunes and download from itunes to your droid. also the gps apps kick.