Lightweight Floor - Anybody tried aluminum sign blanks?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Windman7 said:
Seams everyone is referring to single layer aluminum signs. I'm thinking about the sign products that have a layer of aluminum on each face and a corplast interior. They are suppose to be stronger than a single layer sign. Any thoughts?

That sounds really similar to the ACM panels that Brine used in his build.

Bass N Flats - I'm still learning the site. I tried to search for Brine's build but couldn't find it. Do you have a link? By the way, I like your build. I read it the other day with real interest. I like your use of aluminum tube. Kind of what inspired the thought of using the aluminum deck to keep weight down. I'm concerned about building this great boat that moves like a slug because of the weight added. Where did you get the corner brackets for your hatches?

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=6551&hilit=Rhyan+Craft&start=135 wind an scroll towards the bottom of the page and you will see the pictures.

The corner brackets for the hatches came off of an old speed rack that restaurants use. They are great if you can find them. They don't use those corner brackets too much anymore because they just weld the whole rack together.

Thanks for the info on Brine. That looks very similar to what I'm looking at. I like the way he watches the weight. Seems like that is important for good performance.

Windman7 check out what I did with my floor, first I put brick insulation ( foam with a aluminum sheet on each side ) between the stringers and on top of that I put that foam exercise floor that interlocks, glued it together and then put it in and used fender washers to screw it down. Works great soft on the knees and very quite and easy to wash and cheap to boot..........weight is a grand total of 25lbs.

Good luck on your floor.

Is most of the weight in the mats? I've seen several mention using fatigue mats. The exercise mats looks like a simple idea. Did you glue them to the foam or to each other?