Live image DIY pole

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randaln

Reaction score
Whew, ya priced the poles and the fancy cable steer , electric drives models . Too expensive for me .. let’s see some of the DIY models you guys came up with . Stick steer is fine I’m running the OLD 80 lbs terrova I pilot I link

Live Imaging is still too pricy for me. Last week HB had a $500 off special promotion. That is still $1k for a transducer but, I was tempted to pull the trigger until I read the reviews. Think I’ll wait for HB live image technology to mature.

If I had to have right now I’d probably or just buy a Garmin head unit and live imaging that isn’t networked to the HB/MK system.

A lot of people are saying that Humminbird live imaging doesn’t hold a candle to Garmin.

Live Imaging is still too pricy for me. Last week HB had a $500 off special promotion. That is still $1k for a transducer but, I was tempted to pull the trigger until I read the reviews. Think I’ll wait for HB live image technology to mature.

If I had to have right now I’d probably or just buy a Garmin head unit and live imaging that isn’t networked to the HB/MK system.

A lot of people are saying that Humminbird live imaging doesn’t hold a candle to Garmin.
Yep Garmin is the way to go

Last edited:
I have Garmin electronics on the boat that’s in my avatar, including livescope. I have an older 24 volt minnkota cable steer on this boat for right now. My livescope transducer is mounted right to that. Works out pretty good because I can turn it any direction I want with my foot as I fish. Garmin compatible TM is in the future. Running a echomap 106SV ULTRA. At the bow, and have a Echomap UHD2 93SV here at the house that will replace an old striker at the helm. Livescope is nice but it’s not a magic bullet. You still need to know how to fish. I use it only about 20% of the time I’m fishing. Not sure this video will work. I took it before I was completely dialed in but you get the idea.

View attachment IMG_5048.mov
View attachment IMG_5048.mov

Last edited:
Ill add that a good friend of mine was running the latest HB helix, great units with nice side imaging. He went with a Garmin echomap 93 on the bow so he could use livescope. He’s now working on selling his helm mounted helix to go all Garmin.