Livewell addition to bass/jon boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great man. It's amazing how well these little boats handle the mods. I will have to check on the 581.I didn't realize you could get the b/w version for that price. Color is neat but I've been using b/w for a couple years already.

Thanks! Yeah, I also have this build thread on iboats.com and boy do those guys pick apart a jon boat! no faith I tell ya :D
That's why I figured I'd put it on here where there are more people who work with jons.

Yeah, I was torn between the b&w and spending the extra $ on a colored one...
the 581 comes with GPS, Down imaging and what they call switchfire...which I believe is just the regular sonar. The one thing that bothered me initially was the contrast...when you look at this finder next to a colored one at the store it seems disappointing and almost hard to see the screen. But once I got in outside and in the boat... it looked great! no problem at all, so don't let that fool you! Also.. the lake maps that it comes with does NOT have depth contour lines. you can buy chips for it that run around $100 to get those. I just purchased the WI maps.

For some reason people don't think you can catch fish from a Jon boat. Oh yeah, cause the pros don't use them. Lol. Anyway, here is a series of articles on fish finders. This really helped me learn what I was seeing.

https://fishinweb.com/messages/messages/13028/13028.html?1254779454

RStewart

Thank you sooo much for sharing that link! IT BLEW MY MIND!!! I don't know how I would have been able to make sense of my finder without reading that! I had no clue!

Hey slob-o great thread and nice work on that live well! Where abouts in Wisconsin are u? I've spent many an hour up at Kendor since my project began! I'm down in Kenosha, hoping to get mine in the water Sunday, if the weather holds...

Markc,

Thanks, I appreciate the comments! I'm in Hales Corners. I visit Kendor quite a bit. It's a great store for builds like this. They have a little bit of everything new and used. I'm also a huge fan of their stainless fastener section.

Yeah, I'm hoping to get out on Koshkonong Sat, but it's looking pretty cold yet!

Yeah, this weather is being quite the @%!$@& this year... Agreed, we are very fortunate to have a place like that so close by for these types of projects... I'm making a Kendor run Friday for some rollers and a new prop.
Take care!

SLob-O said:
RStewart

Thank you sooo much for sharing that link! IT BLEW MY MIND!!! I don't know how I would have been able to make sense of my finder without reading that! I had no clue!

Your welcome. It did the same for me. I keep it handy so I can go back to it from time to time. A lot of info there.

Latest posts