loose fenders

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasonsuch86

Reaction score
Hello everyone! New member here with a question, and I've done a search on this and came up with no answers so here we go! I've got a problem with my trailer fenders, they are really loose. They are bolted through the fully boxed frame but it looks to me like the only way to fix the problem is to remove the bolts to the leaf spring section to get in the inside where the fender bolts are. I may be totally wrong and if there is an easier way around this I would like to know! Hopefully this makes sense to someone!

Hi Jason - welcome to the site.

Could you take a few pics of the fender setup and show us?

Have you tried taking the nuts off and if so are the bolts spinning?

I'm guessing there is no access from the back of the frame rail? Looks like your going to have to drop the suspension section. It's not a hard job just need a few jackstands.

If your just trying to tighten the fenders I would hold the end of the bolt with channel locks and then tighten nut with a wrench.

It's fully boxed, so I'll just have to drop the suspension like lckstckn2smknbrls said and put new bolts and nuts through it. Oh well, I have to completely rewire the thing so might as well strip everything down and start over.

Latest posts