Lowe 14' flat bottom 6' wide mods needed (COMPLETE) *PICS*

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have a pump at the transom for filling?
Yes, if you look at the deck pictures in the back where I have the hatches open, you can just see the pump back there, I have a hose that runs all the way up and ends at that yellow pvc pipe you see sticking out, it also has a valve on it. You can see it well in the picture of the fish.

Where is your overflow tube?
The over flow is in the top right corner in the picture, you can see a black outlet, the hose is connected on the back side and goes out one of the white outlets on the outside of the boat.

Does your bilge pump inside circulate and pump out? How do you have it set to do both because I only see the line you ran out the bottom which I would assume runs to the aerator on the opposite side.

No the line that runs out the bottom, leads to another hole in the side of the boat, if you look I have a picture of them both, one hole for the overflow, and one for the bilge. The bilge pumps it out that hole, it actually pumps faster than the other one can pump it in.

Your mod is great by the way - did it add a lot of weight by using 2x4 bracing?

Yeah I would say it did, not sure how much, but the boat is really wide, and seems very stable still yet. I am thinking about replacing all of the decking in the future with some sort of aluminum, like a diamond plate, but with carpet on it. and maybe even go with some still braces instead, not sure yet, just depends on if I see something and say wow that would make a really good deck for my boat. Its been a real PAIN in the *** though. It was fun, dont get me wrong, but we put a lot of work into and were more than ready to get it done.

I agree about it being a lot of work! I FINALLY got my custom letters to put my name and registration #'s on my boat (only took them about 6 weeks!), and I'm having a hard time bringing myself to do it! It also isn't helping that my transducer broke so every time I think about going out, I keep thinking, well, I don't have my FF now.... Anyhow, I love your work, looks really good. Did you ever get a total on what you spent? I'm thinking you went over $1000, but did you ever add it up? Really professional, and really sharp!

Yeah, I probably spent about 1200 or so, but that is including the new trolling motor, battery charger, and the inverter, livewell, etc, all that stuff probably put me at about 1200-1300.

one more livewell question.. do you just keep circulating fresh water in from the rear and letting the rest go out the overflow?

I probably read through your answers too fast, so I might find the answer again when I slow down and reread it

nevermind.. I think I figured it out - you pump in and out and the same time... I think I'm going to do basically the same thing except put another aerator pipe inside attached to the bilge with a check valve so that I can ciruclate the inside water and pump it out

Yes, Ive been pumping it out and refilling at the same time. I can't do it continuously though because it pumps out faster than it pumps in, so I let it get really full and then start pumping it out until I think all of the water has been replaced and then I switch them off.

Latest posts