Lowe 1436 beater transformation

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gunpackinpanda said:
man that finished up beautiful!

Your local maker of blades
AB knives[/qu
Ictalurus said:
Looks good!!! =D> =D> =D> =D>/quote]

Thanks so much! It was definitely a labor of love. Probably the most fun I've had working on a project in a long time. Kind of want to do another one :D

What did you paint the boat with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kmr72 said:
What did you paint the boat with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I used Interlux for the body, POR15 for the hull. A little goes a long way on both paints. I just used a brush, as the brush strokes don't show up on either paint. Everyone who has seen it up close asks if I sprayed the paint on. Pretty impressive stuff!!

Just had to add one more thing. I rewired the trailer yesterday with LED lights, and noticed how pathetically lopsided and uneven my CE Smith boat guides were. In all honesty, I threw them on in a hurry after I purchased them, but when I was tackling the rewiring job and had the boat off the trailer, I got a close up look at how poorly of a job I did on the initial install.

I loosened both brackets and removed the guides, and then measured my Jon boat at it widest point (duh). Then I purchased a 4' feet of angle aluminum from Rural King for fifteen bucks (same type that I used for the front deck support) and positioned that thru the boat guide brackets. I then took careful measurements and marked each side guide so that they were centered on the angle iron. I then ran SS self tapping screws through the angle iron to the side guides before tightening everything down snug. Now the side guides sit at a perfect 90 degree angle to the trailer, plus the angle iron adds a good degree of rigidity that wasn't there before.
I have seen a few guys that used a piece of PVC pipe to tie the two ends of the brackets together, but the aluminum angle iron is much better IMHO since it passes through both guide brackets.

Attachments

• CE Smith Boat Guides.JPG
    CE Smith Boat Guides.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 543
  • boat guide closeup.JPG
    boat guide closeup.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 543