Lowrance HDS updates :)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wallijig

Reaction score
Just found Friday that lowrance has a firmware update for gen 2 hds units
One can share chart now between networked devices.
No longer needing chip for each unit. :) Going to save people alot of money.

Here it is:

https://www.lowrance.com/en-US/Software-Updates/HDS-Gen2/

Will be able to do depth contour shading like humminbird units. Changes GPS Freq to make even more accurate.
Also with this update one can use iPad/iPhone with all gen 2 units, not only touch like previously. They also made software open for other companies to write apps or programs for units. Plus more things.

Opening up to third parties I believe is big deal. Look at all the fishermen out there who wish their electronics could do something special. Well now there is opportunity for others to write and sell apps to do what one can only imagine. Look at number of apps and what one can do on phone now. Now that can be linked up the the boat electronics world.

This is big stuff.

I'm too invested in my Humminbird units to change though.....and I really like my HB stuff. In fact, I just received (yesterday) my 998HDSI unit. Now I can network....which for me, will be big.

All the fun stuff went to Gen2 and above.

:cry:

Oh well, I figure by the time I'm ready to upgrade again there's gonna be some awesome toys out from both companies...

Latest posts