Mirrorcraft 14 Deep Fisherman

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys, Next time I take this boat out I will be fishing it....still need the get registered and add the livewell.....Yesterday was still in the shakedown mode to my favorite fishing hole......the snook were there, however I did not even take a pole. My girlfriend was scared, she said the boat was too fast..... :lol: I was only at 3/4 throttle and 20mph. Like I said before, I am happy with the boat as it sits, speed is just fine for what I use it for and we look forward to camping out of this little tin. I need to go ahead and get my tinboat sticker and name the boat.

Well the girlfriend want me to name it whoa nellie, since her nickname is nellie.....thats not what I want though......I have a name in mind but I am going to order some decals from the guy on here and will reveal when I stick them on.

Boat looks good bro, =D>

The snook are waiting. The more you use it the better it’s going to get. How did you do in the tournament? Sorry I couldn’t make it. Going to reply to your PM just haven’t had a chance yet.

Well you did not miss it, The tournament is this weekend and it looks like the weather is going to cooperate. The king mackeral bite is on fire right now.....wahoo too, my friend caught a 80# hoo last weekend, and a 55lb was caught sunday. The weigh in is on Saturday 4pm at maderia beach municipal ball park.....there will be tents everywhere and probably over 2000 people.

bigwave said:
Well you did not miss it, The tournament is this weekend and it looks like the weather is going to cooperate. The king mackeral bite is on fire right now.....wahoo too, my friend caught a 80# hoo last weekend, and a 55lb was caught sunday. The weigh in is on Saturday 4pm at maderia beach municipal ball park.....there will be tents everywhere and probably over 2000 people.

LOL I’m sure glad I didn’t drive all the way up there. I don’t know why I thought it was this past weekend. I’m in the office all day Saturday. :( Catch um up.

Hey bigwave I wanted to take the time and look at your build since you have given me so much good advice. I like it! What is the raise height from low deck to high? What is the width of the low deck as well? I was thinking of doing something similar and possibly putting a console in mine but at 16' and 54" at its widest I just don't think I will have enough room. Let me know and I definitely like it!

You know I am not really sure....I spent many a beers throwing this thing together.....I made it the way I wanted it with no regard to exact dimensions. Honestly I tried to get every inch out of a full sheet of 1/2 plywood. The deck is one full sheet no cuts.....everything else just laid out to the shape of the boat. I will take some measurements for you tonight when I get off work....in the meantime here is a shot of the boat on the beach of my favorite island last night.....I took the family out for a spin last night.....still got 18mph with three people in the boat.....I will be making small adjustments in the following weeks...Next up adding a tack so I can get the motor propped right. Still need to put the live well in and add pole holders.......she rides great. I plan on fishing sunday if its not raining. Still need to name the boat too. :roll:

Attachments

• night shot.jpg
    night shot.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 990
Okay sounds good. I like the night shot and 18mph with what? I was told the 25hp that I will be putting on the 16' will not be enough. I figure 18 to 20mph is plenty for a smaller boat like these. All in all I like it and thanks for letting me know about the measurements.

I have a 25 johnson on it.....I know once I get the prop right and the engine in the sweet spot I should gain a few more MPH. With just me in the boat I have got over 25mph......which is plenty fast for this little boat. If you have the means I would put at least a 40 on yours......I know another boat on here Mooberg to be precise.....look at his mirrorcraft. If memory serves me, he is very happy with his 40hp.

Hey action the square deck area is 41x84 front deck is 44" rear deck is 32" that is just how everything laid out. Works for me. :lol:

I like my little 6 HP Merc 60 but am envious of having more HP someday... until then I will be okay. I was able to make it out and about pretty good last night. Didn't hit any double digit speeds, per my phone GPS I was 8 MPH wide open (with or without someone in the front was the same). However, without any front ballast, made it tough to see where I was going since it is so light :lol: Hope the tuning and adjusting gets you a few!

You will find a deal someday on a bigger motor.....one advantage you gain would be speed when the weather turns bad.....I love my 25 but someday I will have a 40 on it......a man can always dream...... :mrgreen:

bigwave said:
You will find a deal someday on a bigger motor.....one advantage you gain would be speed when the weather turns bad.....I love my 25 but someday I will have a 40 on it......a man can always dream...... :mrgreen:
Now I know what to put in the pass box. :))

Here are a couple of pics from this weekend......boat ran like a champ....I put the old bimini on, still needs a good bath. I have ran one 6 gal tank through, and when I put the other one on the boat ran better....I think I have a bad fuel tank or the carb had and obstruction that cleared itself.....It is time to start working on my glass boat...this one will be given to my step son. I get to use it anytime I want though...... :lol: I went to register the boat and she qualifies for antique status.....my registration only cost 6 bucks.....I almost fell out of my chair at the DMV. :mrgreen:

Attachments

• Nellie.jpg
    Nellie.jpg
    274.9 KB · Views: 2,187
  • bimini island.jpg
    bimini island.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 2,187
I would say that without the Bimini top my girlfriend would not go out.....she will combust without protection from the sun down here. I keep my boat in the garage so right now I could not tell you what cover to get. My experience with covers would be to find one that fits very snug. I like the ones that have a cord sewn in the entire edge of the cover to allow you to tighten up all the way around the gunwales. I do not like the ones that are made to cover boat and engine....they never sheet the water off and usually pool water up below you sides. I have made pvc A-frames and used a good ole blue tarp too. They shed the water just fine and keep the leaves out. Hope this helps.

Latest posts