mounting a dual beam transducer

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhargrove88

Reaction score
I just bought a garmin fishfinder. It came with the dual beam transducer. Now, I was wondering, since the deepest lakes go in south jersey, they might only get to be like 15 feet deep. If I use the dual beam features, does it matter where I place it on my boat? By the way, I have a minn kota powerdrive bow mounted motor, and in the manual it tells me to mount the transducer to the bottom of the motor casing for the prop. I'd knock it off in half a day if I hit a stump patch. Where should I mount it? 14 ft g3.

It doesn't matter where you mount it but I would mount it in the front if I was using it while sitting in the front fishing. If you mount it on the rear you won't see any structure until after you have already passed over it.

One of the sponsors here sells a guard to mount in front of your transducer when located on the trolling motor.

I would also mount it on the trolling motor and get the WEE VEE" guard it will save your transducer

Wayne