My 1st Project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here's a couple of updated pix....not quite done yet, I need some hardware to install the extra board on the transom so the TM doesnt vibrate like crazy, and Im looking for some rubber matting to cover the floor, I'll also be picking up some camo fabric & foam to make a little bench seat for my daughter.
sears.jpg

jb.jpg

jb1.jpg

thanks..the images arnt the best, I took em with my cell, Im going to some nice shots when its complete, here's a shot of somthing Im going to try and add, if I dont like it I can go right over it...hand carved a stencil.
Loomis.jpg

heres a shot of the G.Loomis.....be honest, I'll be hitting with a few more coats of paint, and Im also working on the skeleton fish as well.
loomy.jpg

I pick'd up some green turf 2da at the de-pot, I went this way due to expense, and it will serve my needs just fine...should have the work done ina couple days.

This is coming along nicely when I did the bottom of my boat I had a few problems too I just could not get the epoxy on smooth I was so angry and I got a ton of roller nap in it too! but, most importantly it is water proof and I can live with it. I actually had forgotten about it until I read this thread. #-o

Victor Coar said:
This is coming along nicely when I did the bottom of my boat I had a few problems too I just could not get the epoxy on smooth I was so angry and I got a ton of roller nap in it too! but, most importantly it is water proof and I can live with it. I actually had forgotten about it until I read this thread. #-o

Sorry VC....lol heres a shot of the turf goin down, but I have a quick question...Can I deck the front about 5 to 6 inches above the floor or will it make the boat seriously unstable, usually its just me and my daughter(6) but a friend ( 185lbs) goes once and awhile? The boats 10ft.
turfshot.jpg

I found the decking to actually be a little over 4 inches, I used 3/4" ply and 2x4's for the frame work, I'm going to make a storage locker under the decking for Plano Utility Tackle Boxes and such.

Here's a couple more shots, almost done...due to the rain 2da I wont be doing much, I was able to get her back in the shed so maybe...I made a very small deck up front with storage.
inprogress.jpg

frntdck.jpg

frntdcklatch.jpg

storage-1.jpg

heres the deck done...the other peice to the left of is also removable for added storage if needed.

ben2go said:
Nice work.Any plans for the rear,or did I miss that? #-o
currently I dont, but I've considered somthing like I did up front just deeper, hide the battery and maybe room for a box.
Thanks for the compliments guys....

Latest posts