my boat was finally found

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
picked up the new boat yesterday,so lots of work going on today.adjusted the bunks and side bunks.mounted the quick release plates for the deckhand and the trolling motor,and added the quick release plugs to both units,ran the cable and mounted the remote switch for the deckhand,mounted the fishfinder on a ram mount and ran the transducer cable and mounted the trans,removed some dealer stickers,did my online registry so now i'm official, and ordered 2 new sets of transom straps.next up is mount a second battery tray in the bow so i can parallel a couple optimas,mount a battery gauge for the t/m batteries because for some strange reason the trolling motor batteries are independent of the boats power,mount 4 rod holders to the alumatracs, a 12 volt plug and a couple usb plugs on the wifes side of the boat,fish some wires through the rod locker to power said panel and mount my 4 bow bimini.now i'm looking into a minn kota single bank alternator charger to charge the trolling motor batteries.some good news when i went to check the oil level,the dealer had reprogrammed it for xd 100,so i just saved myself an hours worth of shop $.crawling around on the boat for the last 7 hours has killed me.i'm going to feel it tommorrow.

oh,i considered a 16.i even wished for my garage to grow another 2 feet for the last 6 months,but it didn't happen,so 14.5 is as long a boat as i can fit.the worst part is i have a house in the okanagan that can fit a 40 footer but it's a 6 hour drive from my full time house.

all that's left is to install and wire a 12 volt gauge and minn kota single bank alternator charger for the trolling motor batteries

Attachments

• 20180328_154046.jpg
    20180328_154046.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 1,560
  • 20180328_154125.jpg
    20180328_154125.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 1,560
  • 20180328_154100.jpg
    20180328_154100.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 1,560
  • 20180328_154115.jpg
    20180328_154115.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 1,560
  • 20180328_154211.jpg
    20180328_154211.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 1,560
The bench looks like it takes up 2 valuable feet of space. Kidding.
The other day it occurred to me I should have used two big garage doors so I could drive right through and unhook the boat. Too late now.

water bouy said:
The bench looks like it takes up 2 valuable feet of space. Kidding.
The other day it occurred to me I should have used two big garage doors so I could drive right through and unhook the boat. Too late now.

I had the same thought about drive thru garage doors. Problem is I would have to drive thru my family room. Mrs Ldubs wouldn't like that. :LOL2:

Ha! Two houses ago, I added a garage door in the rear of a standard garage. That allowed me to back my boat all of the way through to the back yard.

It also gave me a great, breezy, cool, fun place to work on my boat or anything else.

richg99 said:
Ha! Two houses ago, I added a garage door in the rear of a standard garage. That allowed me to back my boat all of the way through to the back yard.

It also gave me a great, breezy, cool, fun place to work on my boat or anything else.

That is the ultimate! I have two wide side yards with wide gates, so I'm pretty fortunate.

BCBouy, hope to see some fishing reports.

if you look really close you can see where i notched out my bench so the trailer winch can fit and the swing away tongue is right against the back wall.i also have an atv winch mounted to the bench so i can pull the boat into the garage.

so,i've been working 70 hr. weeks for the last 2 months and camping/fishing weekends since the lakes iced off in mid april.been doing very well with the rainbows.the wife has a slight edge on fish number,but i'm killing on size.i managed to bust off my new transducer the second trip out so i got fed up and dropped some coin on a steel transducer mount and a stainless spring loaded bracket.also a new pair of deka agm group 31 deep cycles.what a pain it was getting those things stuffed in the boat!you would think a new boat would be ready to go fishing.i'm almost 5 k in add ons into it after initial purchase.also took my grandson out for his first time on a boat fishing.he wouldn't give up the captains seat for anything.full speed figure eights all day long.

Attachments

• 20180527_093403.jpg
    20180527_093403.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 549
  • 20180529_144016.jpg
    20180529_144016.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 549
he had an ear to ear grin all day long.he had been bugging me to take him fishing since the first day i got the boat home,but with my crazy work schedule it was really tough working in a sunny saturday.we fished,raced the boat,had a good swim and a weenie roast over a shore campfire.and my second grandson is due in september as well,so that will make 4 grandkids so far.i'm going to need a bigger boat in the next few years.i'm seriously considering a ski boat for our vacation house.

since it's illegal to transport live fish in my province,i picked up some 1/2" pink foamboard insulation,some rubber roof seal for rv's, a tube of gutter sealant, a couple 3/4" livewell plugs and some black spray foam for the overflow tube and turned my live well into a giant cooler.i froze 3 gallon milk jugs and taped the caps on so it stays dry and i can re use them.turned out great and keeps the refreshments cold and dry all day long.

Latest posts