my first boat! 1436l new pics 3-30-12

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks a lot. Do you think an 8 pound anchor is ok for this size boat? Also, every time I slowed down from full speed and my wake hits the back of the boat, the engine usually quits, unless I slow down gradually. Is it because the current slows the prop down enough for it to stop running? Otherwise the engine is perfect.

I would say a 15 lb would be pretty standard for a 14'.

I'm not sure on the motor....it may be that it chokes up on the surge of water that hits the intake?

Well its for sure the surge of water, but I don't know exactly what its doing that kills it.

Do you guys think half inch plywood is thick enough for a floor? because that's what i already have.

1/2 inch is great. I would actually much prefer it...with the right framework it is plenty thick.

I installed a floor yesterday.

Attachments

• 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    282.3 KB · Views: 215
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    191.7 KB · Views: 215
Here are some more pictures. I plan on to install about the same size front deck, maybe a little longer, flush with the top so I can install a bow mount trolling motor. That way, I will have a little extra storage space between the 2 decks. Or should i just make a mount for the motor only? What do you guys think?

Attachments

• 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    286.4 KB · Views: 117
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    282.5 KB · Views: 117
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    204.3 KB · Views: 117

Latest posts