My hitch is stuck!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you rotate the hitch 90 degrees from its normal position? You'd be surprised how many people don't do this.

If you have any truck (tractor trailer) shops near you. Just ask if they will use an impact on it. I work on tractor trailers, and now and then I have taken a few stuck hitches apart. Or like the guys said you can use heat, just go slow and you can save the ball and nut.

Lonny

IwanaFish said:
If you have any truck (tractor trailer) shops near you. Just ask if they will use an impact on it. I work on tractor trailers, and now and then I have taken a few stuck hitches apart. Or like the guys said you can use heat, just go slow and you can save the ball and nut.

Lonny
One time when I was changing old bush hog blades the impact wrench could not get them off but the crescent wrench with cheater pipe could. We had to use the torch on the second blade though. Its amazing how much more torque you can get when you add more leverage.