My1856 Blazer SS (NEW PICTURES July 4th)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

semojetman

Reaction score
Here is my boat.
Its coming along.

I bought it as a bare aluminum hull.

IMG954704.jpg

Shes got a perforated aluminum floor, extended rear deck, single sport console, custom bench seat, 2 tempress seats, and much more to come.

IMG954704.jpg

60/40 4 stroke Mercury with power trim.

Plans before spring:
Trolling motor
Front and rear pedestal seats
Swim ladder
Green Blazer SS decals on side
Navigation lights
Stereo system
New trailer

IMG954268.jpg

Havent had it in the water yet.
I cant wait.

The only big thing I still need is a new trailer.
Ive got it on a big old ugly trailer.
I would like to find a Rivercraft or like trailer.
If anybody has one or knows a good place to find a good deal on one, please holler at me.

2013-01-04_19-12-05_250.jpg

That is the boat captain to the right of the picture, my son and extreme boat enthusiast Mason.
He picked out all the colors. A 4 year old knows best, cause it looks good.

Here is a shot of it before rigging
2012-09-07_18-24-55_686.jpg

2012-08-27_17-29-33_11.jpg

Here is the heart of the boat
2013-01-04_19-11-58_233.jpg

So, whats everyone think so far?
Thank you to the comments already.

I'm waiting to ear how it runs with the 60/40 . I've been trying to decide hat to repower with either 60/40 4 stroke or older 90/65 2 stroke

That's a nice looking boat. Like the color scheme of the seats and with Green lettering it should really stand out.

I will let you know how it runs as soon as i run it.

The guy that rigged it for me has almost the same boat.
1856 SS with a 60/40 merc 4 stroke and it runs great.
His runs 36 downriver and 34 runnin up, and gets on plane very easy.

I thought about a larger older 2 stroke, but i kept weighing the options, for the price, warranty, fuel mileage, ease of maintenance, quietness, quality, i fell in love with the 4 stroke merc.

Everybody has been asking me about how and where and for how much.
Well, Ill lay it out so everyone has an idea for future projects.

1856 Blazer SS was $2700 but then i added the wide gunnels, diamond plate front nose, all aluminum transom which brought me up to $3400

Engine: 60/40 4 stroke Mercury Fuel injected: $5950
Perforated floor: $500
Sport console with steering:$450

Where i got it:
Boat: Current River Marine in Doniphan MO
Motor: Buckshot Marine in Van Buren MO
Floor,console,etc. Buckshot Marine an Buren MO

I think u will wish u had bought the 90, thats alot of boat for a 60 hp !!!!! I am running a 250xs on a 17'6 x 56 and wish I had a 300 :shock: You can never have too much power, thats the reason they make controls !!! It is a good looking setup =D> What happened to the inboard you was building ?????

Im still doing the inboard boat, but im gonna do it slower than planned, so i put this one together to play with.

I wanted the 60/40 to run around Van Buren.

The V8 inboard boat will be the GO FAST boat.

I scored a brand new 12 gallon tank for free because it had a pinhole in it.
Prolly gonna take it out and see how it runs saturday if its nice

Well, ive got it about half polished.
It looks good, but not from a lack of work. My arms and back are killing me.
My ol buffer is even tired.

2013-01-12_19-41-30_466.jpg

Well, im going to.
Im not done yet.
Its a job, thats for sure.

Im putting vinyl graphics on the back so i didnt polish it as much as the front

I had never seen one of these boats before until a camping trip at Reelfoot Lake in April of 2011. Some guy pulled into the convenience store In Tiptonville I was at and he had the entire boat polished like chrome. It was hard to miss. I have been craving one of these ever since!

Sharp Rig! Couple questions, if you get a chance:

1. Can you explain and/or show pic of how the pedestal bases are mounted in the floor? I'm guessing the bases are either attached to a hull brace or to some kind of stringer plate run between two hull braces.

2. Did you have to do anything different to polish that diamond plate on the bow, or did you just use the same buffing pad as on the side of the hull?

I'm looking to do both to my 1752 blazer.

Yes, the seat bases have 6 screws. 3 of them run into the factory brace and then the other 3 go into a Z shaped full width brace that is in there for the perforated floor.

On the other subject, i. Didnt have to polish the diamond plate on the front, it came from Blazer already polished. I dont really know how you polish diamond plate easily.

Diamond plate will polish without much more effort than flat using a foam or thick wool bonnet. Just be sure and do it last because the small little snags that are always in it will destroy your pads in short order. Most diamond plate is anodized alum and not true polished aluminum so use care when trying different products. If you remove the anodized finish (With acid cleaners) then you really do have to polish the aluminum diamond plate.

Latest posts