nav lights

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you be more specific?I don't have them on my 10' jon but my other boat has navigation and anchor lights.They are required for night operations.

fishsalot said:
how you guys useing them
not sure what you mean, either. need a red and green visible from front and sides, and a white one in back visible 360, 18" higher than the front light, i think. but that's kansas and different size boats have different requirements. my setup has the recessed sockets and i keep my light poles stored under the deck, and all are wired to my switch panel

I used a large battery box & a small deep cycle marine battery to wire in lights on my jon boat.
Here are some diagrams & pics:

JonBoatLighting2.jpg

BowLight1.jpg

BowLight2.jpg

Bowlight3.jpg

Sternlight1.jpg

boat_wiring.JPG

DPDT switch wired for UP ANCH, DOWN NAV

...just in case you need it :D

CarlF

that was whats i was looking for thanks for the pics ill do mine the same way

sirslurpee said:
boat_wiring.JPG

DPDT switch wired for UP ANCH, DOWN NAV

...just in case you need it :D

Found this on a search and had a question. Are you attaching the green wire from the top left post to the inlet + on the left?? I see a hump where it crosses the red, but is that a connection?? Or does it just go from the top left to the outlet wire to the anchor light?? Thanks.

No connection at the red.
It's just a jumper so when the switch is in that position only your anchor light will be on.