Neat aluminum step for tin boats

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use a short length of rope to make a foot loop, the same rope that is used in the bow eye. I used to climb aboard after swimming using the anti ventilation plate but I could see lower leg injury in my future!

Well I wish I woulda just read the last post first Bc I read all this talk about this awesome accessory and then find out I can't have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fishmonger said:
Charlesp123 said:
Someone has to still make and sell this

One of the sponsors here does but they are not inexpensive. https://therescuestep.com/

WoW that's incredibly expensive, I guess when you add life saving device to it the decimal moves over $

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Catch Release Repeat said:
Well I wish I woulda just read the last post first Bc I read all this talk about this awesome accessory and then find out I can't have it.
I just emailed Vance Mfg and asked them to see if they would consider making more! Nothing to lose by asking!

The rescue step is cool but 169 plus like 30 in hardware. Im guessing it don't come with vaseline? Lol.

Sent from Mossy Oak Swamp Bottom

DaleH said:
I just emailed Vance Mfg and asked them to see if they would consider making more! Nothing to lose by asking!
beagler1 said:
The rescue step is cool but $169 plus like $30 in hardware.
FYI - I received an email reply about the discontinued 'Easy Step' from Vance Mfg, where I added the emphasis ...

Mr. Hubbard,

Yes sir, we had to discontinue the easy step due to several reasons. The price of aluminum, labor, and decreased sales of the item lead us to discontinue. I saw on your site (TinBoats) where a member posted a link to a donor who was building a similar design and charging $169.99 ....

That is where we were headed in price. In the future, we may make one out of solid billet and machine away the unwanted metal, but for right now it is not cost effective. Thank you for your good words and great posts supporting our company and products! I hope one day we can introduce it again.

E. Vance, Corporate Manager

Abston Machine Shop/
Vance Manufacturing

Mine is still setting on the shelf. Keep telling myself to install it but haven't.

I like the idea of something like this but I'm not sure my little 14fter is stable enough to climb back in without swamping it. I know I've leaned way over the back to mess with the motor without any issues but it does sit a little low in the water. Idk. May have to go out in shallow water & try it to see what happens.

DaleH said:
Here's a picture of the step next to a US bill (> 6" long) so the size is about 7" wide and almost 10" tall. It is made from cast aluminum and looks beefy enough for the intended use.

My skiff will be moored in saltwater, so I intend to make sure I put Tef-Gel on the SS bolt threads to prevent galvanic corrosion between the SS and aluminum, especially being near an ideal electrolyte - saltwater.

Hey! I think those are the two twenties I lost!