Need help finding part numbers for my 9.9/15 tiller????

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Root Rat

Reaction score
I currently have a 9.9hp Evinrude Model 10924B... I am looking to change the carburetor to a 15hp model. (In hopes to gain some more get up and go..) I did a lot of searching and found that the 15hp Evinrude motor that is the same as my Model is 15904E. But what I can't seem to find is the carburetor part numbers. I have found plenty of diagrams with the exploded view and each individual part listed. But I can't seem to find the part number for a complete 15hp carburetor anywhere? On several of the diagrams, the part # is the same for both motors? I read that the carb on the 9.9 has a .625" opening and that the 15 has a .875" opening. Knowing to get more power the carb opening needs to be a bit bigger, I would assume that there would be 2 different part numbers. (One for each size carb?) If i am wrong here please correct me? I am trying to find the "Cheapest" way to get some more power without buying a new motor. ( dont have the money for these new motors, they cost too much...) Any and all help is appreciated...

Here is the info i have been able to find,

Evinrude 9.9 hp Model 10924B
Carburetor assembly part # 0389914 (Old) - 0395509 (Newer)
(I was able to find this one ...)

Evinrude 15 hp Model 15904E
Carburetor assembly part # ???????

Thanks,
Root Rat

You'll never find a 15hp carb.. everyone in existence is either on a 15hp already and still running.. Or if they blew up the 15hp, someone that has a 9.9 already bought the old one. If you happen to find one, the price is going to be astronomical and not worth the mod for 5hp.

BTW, you need to buy a new prop with a higher pitch to make it worthwhile.. and thats another $100

You'll never find a 15hp carb.. everyone in existence is either on a 15hp already and still running.. Or if they blew up the 15hp, someone that has a 9.9 already bought the old one. If you happen to find one, the price is going to be astronomical and not worth the mod for 5hp.

BTW, you need to buy a new prop with a higher pitch to make it worthwhile.. and thats another $100
well guess thats that, thanks for the reply....

I got a 9.9 too. I did find a carb or two on ebay for it, but at $200+ that is almost more than the motor is worth. Kind of odd there isn't a Chinese solution like for lawn mowers.

In 1994 when I bought my 9.9 new from the dealer, the 15 hp carb was 245.oo at dealer cost !! Never had any sucess with afternarket carbs, neither has the small engine repair guy down the road !

I still have the new original 9.9 hp carb from my 1994 evinrude 9.9. New in box, advertised numerous times but no one wants it !!! All are looking for the 15 hp version.

Where do you live? I know a boat mechanic that has 15 hp carbs,most need rebuilt and a solas props brand new for 70 bucks. Located in SE Iowa.
I an in hanover PA. if he is wiling to ship i have no problem rebuilding one... (Or trying to anyways...)

Think the issue is two-fold. Big demand, everybody would like to upgrade their 9.9 to 15, but these motors seem to last forever. Meaning the only way to get the carb is to buy a running motor! Now you don't need a carb anymore, but have a 9.9 that is basically useless to you. So IMO it is smarter to buy a bigger motor and then sell the 9.9. Seems they are in pretty big demand. Maybe by people what think they can just throw a carb on it and get 5 HP for free?

Latest posts