Need to reattach seat to plastic base...any ideas.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leadnbrass

Reaction score
Have a Crestliner Canadian with the factory seats.

This link is what my seats look like (hope it shows up)

https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgx...R8nW+19BS(F1iqh0!~~60_1.JPG?set_id=880000500F

The problem I am having is the padded section (white) is coming off from the bottom and seat back area (gray).

Its just a heavy stiff vinyl with foam underneath.

My idea was to pull the padding from the base and seat back...clean and scuff the areas...spray and adhesive (3m maybe) and re-bond it.

Any ideas if this should work?

I can attempt to get actual pictures of the seats if what I posted above makes no sense.

I like the seats minus this issue and they still look good just losing the backing it seems.

Comparable Attwood seats are $225 each...rather try something else first.

Thanks.

Have you considered taking them to an upholstery shop? They have the setup and the professional grade glue that they use for just that sort of thing. I can't imagine they'd charge much to just re glue them. 3M makes some pretty good spray adhesive if you really want to do it your self but I'm not sure how well those glues hold up to water and weather.

I do have an upholstery shop in the area...have thought about bringing them down there and see what my options are.

The biggest concern I have is getting the adhesive that would be up to the task.

I think its plausible for me to do it but may be best left to those who know.

Thanks.