New forum with a new to me Sea nymph GLS 175

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

butlerheath

Reaction score
Hey folks, I'm new to to forum here. I recently got a 1990 Sea Nymph GLS 175 know as Cookie Monster (came with cookie monster stickers), I got it for a good price knowing it needed some work. I'll post a some pictures of my progress so far, any advice would be appreciated.

Attachments

• PXL_20231025_154119930.jpg
    PXL_20231025_154119930.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20231227_201035201.jpg
    PXL_20231227_201035201.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20231227_204537443.jpg
    PXL_20231227_204537443.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 0
  • received_635454138520967.jpeg
    received_635454138520967.jpeg
    172.7 KB · Views: 0
  • received_4335607589998322.jpeg
    received_4335607589998322.jpeg
    188.1 KB · Views: 0
Nice boat, floors are easy to replace and no messy fiberglass to contend with !! Gotta love aluminum hulls !!
Check for leaks/ loose rivets before installing new floor in case some bucking is needed. Might consider some gluvit inside if there are any leaks..looking forward to more pics.

Can never go wrong with Cookie Monster. Congrats on the new boat and Welcome

Wow, that's some bimini you got there. Home-made?

Nice boat, floors are easy to replace and no messy fiberglass to contend with !! Gotta love aluminum hulls !!
Check for leaks/ loose rivets before installing new floor in case some bucking is needed. Might consider some gluvit inside if there are any leaks..looking forward to more pics.
Thanks that's part of my plan. I'm assuming the transom is rotted as well but haven't opened it up that far yet.

I'm not sure how much foam I'll take out yet.

A good friend has a high top Bimini like yours and it is great when it is raining or a good hide out from the Sun, not to mention that a guy can stand upright as apposed to the hunch back stance. Only problem is that when the wind kicks up it acts like a sail. I bust his Onions about it, but then after a few hours in the direct sun he gets to bust my Onions about how nice it is for shade.

A good friend has a high top Bimini like yours and it is great when it is raining or a good hide out from the Sun, not to mention that a guy can stand upright as apposed to the hunch back stance. Only problem is that when the wind kicks up it acts like a sail. I bust his Onions about it, but then after a few hours in the direct sun he gets to bust my Onions about how nice it is for shade.
Ya I haven't tried putting it up myself 😕. Appears all the pieces are there but we'll see if it goes together. The guy I bought it from gave me that photo.

I am under the impression that I am only invited fishing for assisting in his top............

I am under the impression that I am only invited fishing for assisting in his top............
The goal is to get it setup for trolling for trout, and the usual bass and pike fishing you are more than welcome to come along, but I hardly know anything about trolling.

I have a similar convertable top on my boat but without the front windows. I also have the side curtains but not the rear enclosure. I'm 6'-4" and like being able to stand up without bumping my head. Folds forward when stowed. Pretty easy to put up & down.

Trolling is about all I do. You have a great boat for that!

top.png

Last edited:
I really like your boat. It is very similar to my latest project. Take a look at what I did, as it may help you, if the boats are as similar as they look. Here is the link:

1994 Spectrum 16 Sport Rebuild? - Bouncing ideas around

Please feel free to ask if you have any questions or concerns. There is a lot of experience in this forum, so don't be shy.

And WELCOME,

I really like your boat. It is very similar to my latest project. Take a look at what I did, as it may help you, if the boats are as similar as they look. Here is the link:

1994 Spectrum 16 Sport Rebuild? - Bouncing ideas around

Please feel free to ask if you have any questions or concerns. There is a lot of experience in this forum, so don't be shy.

And WELCOME,
Thanks, that's a neat build your doing. I'm hoping my transom is still good, but being 34 years old I doubt it.