New Member 1st Project 12' Sears V Hull

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rgriffith

Reaction score
Hey new member here, just wanted to thank everyone for the tips and tricks for restoring these old tin boats.
I've been reading post on here for months. Got my first project about 3 weeks ago. Its a 12 foot Sears V hull. I believe its a early 70's model and it has a Sears Eska 3.5 HP 1972 model. Will be converting it to a mini bass boat for pond hopper tournaments that require a 14 1/2' boat or less.
Here she is when i got her
5T55P65S03n23p53o6bbe02ce4b23ac511f9e.jpg

Project List
Install Decking
Install Custom Livewell
Rhino line inside and bottom
New Transom
Paint
Add Seats
Add Trolling Motor
And lots of prepping.

I've got the bottom primered and lined I'll post pics later, prepping the inside this week for lining.

Just bought my second project as well, a 1972 13" Cherokee V hull :D So needless to say, i'm already addicted...

Welcome to the group! The forum is full of great ideas and helpful folks.

What made you decide to rhino the bottom?

Jdholmes said:
Welcome to the group! The forum is full of great ideas and helpful folks.

What made you decide to rhino the bottom?

Not sure why we decided to do it, we were planning on doing it on the floor, and figured what the heck we'd do the bottom too. :D

Making progress, got the inside of the boat lined with truck bed paint, inside walls paints Gloss gray (looks good). Put the 1" risers in the bottom for the floor, ran the wires for the trolling motor and accessories, put the live well tubing in, and started laying the floor, got about half of it done so far. I'm pumped about it so far, i'll post pics tonight.

Nice work RGriffith! It's amazing what a thorough cleaning/sanding and a paint job can do to bring an old hull back to life. Looks brand new, keep the pics coming.....Jerry :)

Latest posts