New Member Introductions!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey folks, new member here from north east PA. 24 years old and have been fishing, hunting, trapping and just enjoying the outdoors for the majority of them 24 years.
Entered the boating club a couple years ago by buying a Smokercraft 162 Pro angler. I loved the heck out of it but it was just plain to big for the waters around here. Most lakes i couldn't even start the motor. So it was my brainchild idea to just trade it in and downgrade and BUILD the perfect boat.
So after the snow melts from the tarp i start with a fresh 2010 Smokercraft 1648 jon. It will be accompanied by a Johnson 8 horse 2 stroke and a 46lb thrust motorguide bow mount.

I just want to say i KNEW i wasn't the only one that ever wanted to do mods to a jon boat......but darn it was actully a little difficult to find this site.

Hey guys! My name is Dustin, I'm from Gainesville, FL (north central) and have a Sea Ark 1860 aluminum boat. I found this place on google, searching for some info on a jack plate. I'm in the planning stages of moding my ark. It is a basic fishing setup, and I'm planning on adding some floatation pods and moving my gas tank under the rear bench seat. I've found tons of info and ideas here in the few short hours I've been reading through the site. I look forward to contributing as I get more involved in the mods. I manage a family owned auto repair shop, and spend most of my free time fishing or shooting.

hi guys been lurking for a whlie a year to be exact.I live in attalla alabama( war eagle ) i have a monark1442 with a 18hp evinrude.Try to get some pic up as soon as i learn how to, not to good with compooters,hope it is idiot proof.Ready for some coosa crusin!!!! :fishing:

First things first, this is really a great site! Hats off to the mods for running a classy forum (hard to these days) with very informative input!

I forgot to introduce myself last week....I have been a lurker since purchasing my 16' Lowe jon boat a few weeks ago. I have a limited time budget to spend on my project but I don't really need the boat waterworthy until October. Looking forward to all the valuable input that I have seen dished out on other projects. I'm pretty (boat) mechanically UNinclined so it will be a SLOW learning process for me but a fun process.

Check out my boat if you get a chance
https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=12432

I'm tearing into this boat for 3 straight days next week...I'm excited and plan to work a lot and sleep a little to maximize what time I do have to spend on it.

LOWEshooter829 said:
First things first, this is really a great site! Hats off to the mods for running a classy forum (hard to these days) with very informative input!

I forgot to introduce myself last week....I have been a lurker since purchasing my 16' Lowe jon boat a few weeks ago. I have a limited time budget to spend on my project but I don't really need the boat waterworthy until October. Looking forward to all the valuable input that I have seen dished out on other projects. I'm pretty (boat) mechanically UNinclined so it will be a SLOW learning process for me but a fun process.

Check out my boat if you get a chance
https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=12432

I'm tearing into this boat for 3 straight days next week...I'm excited and plan to work a lot and sleep a little to maximize what time I do have to spend on it.

:WELCOME:
Thanks for joining! :beer:

Hi everyone i am from Middle Tennessee . 18 years old and i just got an old Alumacraft 12ft V-Hull and begining to fix it up. i have a little 5 hp briggs and stratton engine on it.

Dakotaman1209 said:
Hi everyone i am from Middle Tennessee . 18 years old and i just got an old Alumacraft 12ft V-Hull and begining to fix it up. i have a little 5 hp briggs and stratton engine on it.

:WELCOME:

Thanks for joining! Looking forward to seeing your boat.

Hello,

My name is Lee Dean and i'm from Upstate South Carolina. I'm an electro-mechanical technician at a large automotive parts manufacturer. I fish from a Fisher 1448 all welded jon with a 9.9 mercury tiller drive. stumbld apon this site while surfing for ideas to upgrade my otherwise plain boat. After two days of reading i decided to join.

Hi, all, new here from the Maine coast. Just found the site from a post on aomci, have looked for a forum like this one off and on with little success. Anyway, I'm mostly fresh water, small pond, trout (brook, togue, and brown fisherman, occasional trash fisherman (when somebody leaves it floating around. 12' Sears semivee, 9' Starcraft jonboat, 2 1953 Evinrude Lightwins, they're 2 years younger than me. Gonna try to post a pic, see ya all around.

https://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff238/hossthehermit/P1010410.jpg

Edit: Try it this way

BOAT074-1.jpg

Hello everyone! My name is Russ and I just stumbled on the site and it looks like there are a lot of interesting people and subjects here. I live in Baja California Sur in a small community of mostly Americans called Punta Chivato. Been here for about 18 years and have enjoyed fishing from a "tin boat" for years. I recently bought a 14' DuroBoat with a Honda 15 and am setting it up for it's maiden voyage.
DSC_4812.jpg

wv here bought a 14 ft flat bottom a few weeks ago and after i got started on my conversion i found your site, awesome some of you guys are true artist, with your boats and designs, might get a few pics on here for you all to see, i tried a test with my wood decking and wanted to share it with you guys see what you think, i used spray on underbody rubber, on all my edges and flat surfaces of my wood, tried a small piece and let it dry, put it in water to float painted side in the water, then put one in bucket covered with water sealer,in a mattter of days the water sealer one feel apart, other one did not, i cut it in half and it was toataaly dry, cant beat it for $3.97 a can, like i said you guys are true artist, bridgeport wv here

Latest posts