New Member Introductions!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hello all. stumbled upon this site while researching my first boat that i picked up last Friday. Buddy of mine gave, yes GAVE, me his 1963 Cherokee 14' boat complete with 25hp Evinrude outboard and all of his fishing gear to go with. Never owned a boat before, hell, i've never operated one for that matter. Hope to learn from the expereinced members here.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=327785#p327785 said:
Bryanp » 29 Aug 2013, 12:36[/url]"]hello all. stumbled upon this site while researching my first boat that i picked up last Friday. Buddy of mine gave, yes GAVE, me his 1963 Cherokee 14' boat complete with 25hp Evinrude outboard and all of his fishing gear to go with. Never owned a boat before, hell, i've never operated one for that matter. Hope to learn from the expereinced members here.

Gave you? Gave you? That's a darn good friend right there!
Wait a minute...what's it LOOK like? :shock:

Gary

Hey all :D

I've been reading and watching and working on my boat for a bit now. I guess it's time to say hello to all. I'm located in the Tulsa OK area and fish in the rivers and lakes around here. Duh... where else would I be fishing? Anyway I get out for bass and cats and perch (we call em perch but they are really sunfish) and anything else that will wiggle my pole. :roll:
I started with a Richline 1965 16' semi-v and a 1961 18 hourse Evenrude both older. Some where in the process they changed into a 2008 Merc 4 stroke 20 horse and a 2014 tracker 1542. I installed a side consol and forward controls in it and some decking. Add a trolling motor and all the other usual stuff and you have it.
And yes I well get some pictures here soon. The boat is still a work in progress and I will be rebuilding the trailer later in the year. so hang on kiddys it may be a bumpy ride. 8)

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=327880#p327880 said:
ggoldy » 30 Aug 2013, 08:07[/url]"]
[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=327785#p327785 said:
Bryanp » 29 Aug 2013, 12:36[/url]"]hello all. stumbled upon this site while researching my first boat that i picked up last Friday. Buddy of mine gave, yes GAVE, me his 1963 Cherokee 14' boat complete with 25hp Evinrude outboard and all of his fishing gear to go with. Never owned a boat before, hell, i've never operated one for that matter. Hope to learn from the experienced members here.

Gave you? Gave you? That's a darn good friend right there!
Wait a minute...what's it LOOK like? :shock:

Gary

Hey Gary, i'll try to get a few pics up today since it's so **** nice out.

Greetings all from north central Iowa. I am 56 years old, married with 3 daughters, 10 grandchildren and 1 great grandchild. I enjoy fishing with my wife and working in the yard. My boat is a 2003 G3 V167C with a 50hp yamaha. I work as a heavy diesel mechanic for a local asphalt paving company.

Hello everyone! :D

I am a new member as of today. Possibly buying a boat within the next few hours (1990 Sea Nymph Fishing Machine 161)! I'm going to call the guy on my way home from work. If I don't get this boat then I'll probably get a similar one within the next few weeks and start a build thread...I'm fairly lazy and like to fish a lot so it'll probably take me the majority of the winter to finish everything.

I've been following the site for the past few months and enjoy seeing all the great work everyone does. I'm looking forward to finally making a boat my own and adding my own touches.

Good fishin',

Matt

Hello everyone,I've been on this site a few times and really like it. I own a 1985 Mirro Craft deep V ,and it's a 14 footer.I live in Tyrone PA. and am 54 yrs. old.I do a lot of largemouth bass fishing,on several different lakes.I hope I can add to the site as well as gain a lot of knowledge.Thanks Joe

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=328925#p328925 said:
mattfishinmanvan » 10 Sep 2013, 14:26[/url]"]Hello everyone! :D

I am a new member as of today. Possibly buying a boat within the next few hours (1990 Sea Nymph Fishing Machine 161)! I'm going to call the guy on my way home from work. If I don't get this boat then I'll probably get a similar one within the next few weeks and start a build thread...I'm fairly lazy and like to fish a lot so it'll probably take me the majority of the winter to finish everything.

I've been following the site for the past few months and enjoy seeing all the great work everyone does. I'm looking forward to finally making a boat my own and adding my own touches.

Good fishin',

Matt
Yardville! It's been a long, long, LONG time since I've heard THAT name! The community was built for returning WW2 vets to start their families. My uncle was one of them. My father settled on the other side of the Delaware in Morrisville, another such community, and raised us. It was nice, growing up in those places.

hello to all.

i just traded for a wide 14 footer with 20 hp tiller johnson to do some fishing and i have been thinking about trying my hand at a crab trotline and/or drop door crab traps. the boat is a clean canvas for me to add a few things to make fishing/crabbing easier. i have lurking the forum and haven't found anything like what i am planning but there is more searching to be done and ideals are welcome.

Hello from Sacramento CA.

I have been a member for a while now and been lurking and collection ideas for my project build. However I finally got my first aluminum boat on Saturday 09/21/2013 can't wait to post up pictures of what I'll be doing and redoing what is damaged.

Any members from or near Sacramento CA?

Check out this monster 40 pound Salmon I landed last month in Klamath CA

Also a teaser picture of the boat, trailer and outboard.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380091391.234540.jpg

G'Day all,

Finally joined after lurking here for a bit and drooling over some of the mods guys have done to their boats.

I live in Arnprior, Ontario('bout 25 minutes west of Ottawa), and my family cottage is on Silver Lake, west of Perth, Ontario. Back in July we picked up a 14 foot Springbok with a '90 8 horse Mercury. Used it to get some decent sized Pike this summer

I look forward to hanging out here and picking up more info.

Tin.jpg

Just inherited my Grandfather's boat 15 ft Alweld with a 25 Tohatsu. It doesn't need any major work but there are lots of small things that will make it more comfortable to fish from. I am looking to make lots of mods to it and have found tons of great info on here that will help me in my project. It seems almost all of the vets on here are very helpful and I am looking forward to getting some knowledge from them.

Hello, I'm from the piedmont of NC, and occasionally like to hunt and fish when I can get away from work. I own a 14' Gamefisher and a 16' Polar Kraft. I am the proud owner of a few dogs and my youngest, a yellow lab is also my hunting and fishing buddy. I look forward to getting to know some guys and learning from each other.

Hello everybody,

New member from Toronto, Canada.

Been a boater since the early 90s and become boatless since 2003 (our son is born) and now getting back into the sport and pick up an used Smokercraft Stiletto from a buddy.

Would like to see other's members nice boats and creative modification.

Cheers
Norm