New Member Introductions!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Introducing in this corner. Living in the Fox Valley, state of Wisconsin,. Weighing in at 210 pounds, with a life time record of 59 years 10 months is Doug "HANGEYE" DeWeert. At this very moment I am the reigning Tin Boats NEW GUY. Well.......isn't that special.

I have lived my entire life about 30 miles south of Lambeau Field (GO PACKERS) and I think as much as I love to be on the water, I must have been born in a boat. If it swims, I will try to catch it. I own a 12' Northwoods V with a 4.5hp Merc and a Smoker Craft 140 Pro Mag with a 25hp Mariner. I also own another boat that we will not discuss here because the only thing metal on it is the motor and hand rails. I am blessed with a wonderful wife, 2 sons and 2 daughters and 7 grand kids (3 boys & 4 girls). We are lucky enough to have a second home "UP NORT" and spend weekends and vacations there.

I just recently heard about this site, came here and looked around for a day or two and then signed up. I very much look forward to chating with you folks and maybe meet some new friends. Thanks for being here.

ps I found a new snow blower on line. What do you think?

Attachments

• Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 579
Welcome to TinBoats HANGEYE. We're happy to have you on board.

However....now I'm glad we don't have snow here like you do in Wisconsin. :shock:

Hello, Im from central Indiana. Im 29 and a union ironworker. ive always enjoyed fishing, but this past year ive fallen in love with it. i found this site while browsing tips on youtube. its really inspired me to get my own boat and customize it to meet my needs. there a lot of great project ideas on this site and i look forward to learning from all of you. hopefully ill have my boat in a month or so. ive located the one i want and made arangements now all i have to do is come up with the rest of the cash. ill get there. im fairly new to forums so youll have to bare with me. Thanks!

Hey PitFishin....welcome to TinBoats. Happy to have you on board.

Good luck on your mission to get that boat. It's a new life once you're ON the water.

thanks! been fishing with a buddy out of his father in laws basstracker, wich was great dont get me wrong but there was just something missing.... it isnt mine. so ive set out to remedy that.

Hello to all,
I'm Dave and I live in the near Southern Illinois area. I have always been an avid outsdoorsman since I was a kid. I enjoy lots of different types of fishing.......especially bowfishing. Highly interested in the site since I will be reconstructing a boat soon hopefully before it begins to warm up. Also enjoy getting out in the woods year round for whatever may be in season, it's always a great excuse to go camping. Like there needs to be an excuse right??? Dave.

Hey Dave....

Welcome to TinBoats. Happy to have you on board. I think you're probably only a couple hours from me too. Almost a neighbor. :D

Hello all, My name is Kevin. I live on the west coast of Florida....Gulfport to be exact. I stumbled on this site a few weeks ago when I decided to fix my old jon boat up. I love to fish and plan on getting back out on the flats this year. As of late I have ventured far offshore for the elusive Blue Marlin, as well as numerous deep water groupers. I might even try for my first bass this year. This site is awesome, where the heck is the map everyone keeps talking about?

Bigwave On H20 out...... =D>

fender66 said:
Hey Dave....

Welcome to TinBoats. Happy to have you on board. I think you're probably only a couple hours from me too. Almost a neighbor. :D
Actually we pretty much are, I live outside Waterloo. My boss lives in Fenton also, I frequent Fenton a lot. Cool.... :)

neighborDAVE said:
fender66 said:
Hey Dave....

Actually we pretty much are, I live outside Waterloo. My boss lives in Fenton also, I frequent Fenton a lot. Cool.... :)

Very cool....we can hook up sometime on or off the water.

Hello Tinboats! Tim checking in from sunny Central FL. I'm new to the world of tin boats but not new to watersports. I currently have 2 jet skis and have a blast with them. I recently aquired a 10 foot jon boat from my father inlaw (for free) :D Not sure what the make model or year is but it was in rough shape. Just found a 2.5HP Mercury on craigslist and traded the guy my old RC car stuff for it! So to this point I haven't spent a dime on it...lol I will start a project thread and put up some pics. I wanted a small boat to take the kids out on and do a little fishing. After looking at some of the builds on this site I've got tons of ideas for this old boat! :D

Hey TimRich.....

Welcome to TinBoats. Sounds like you have a good starter for a tin mod. However...the rules of this forum are such that you have to pay something for your tin. No freebees.....therefore, I'll PM you my address and you can send me $20. I'll then forward a receipt to you and you should be good to go. :roll:

Happy to have you on board!