New Old Boat 1962 14 foot Starcraft

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwingler57

Reaction score
Boat 4.jpgBoat 3.jpgBoat 2.jpgHi Guys,
I bought this old 1962 14 foot starcraft with trailer and motor, its a johnson 18 hp is what the guy told me i bought it from and it also has the boat cover, trailer is a EZ loader got it all for $500.00 and the motor runs great. I am wanting to add 2 more seats for fishing. My question is should i keep the console or remove it and go back to the tiller? And any idea on what is the largest motor the boat can handle? Any suggestions on how to set it up would be welcomed.

Thanks All

Also does anyone have an idea on what model of starcraft it is? On the title it had model unknown. Only info is the year 1962 and the make Starcraft.

If you can find a serial number, iboats has a page with Starcraft models and years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boat 5.jpgThe serial number on the boat is labeled as homemade so it was a replacement tag, i did find the motor tag it is a johnson FD-22M so its a 20hp, i am posting a picture of the transom, note the drain plug is in the boat bottom and not in the transom. Also measured the boat from stern to transom it is 13'8" width at the widest part is 5' and trans height where it is cut down for the motor is 16"

Redid the boat all i got left is getting the marine varnish and carpet, went ahead and made it a center console fishing boat.

Attachments

• Stripped Boat.jpg
    Stripped Boat.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 1,167
  • Frame work.jpg
    Frame work.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 1,167
  • Floor.jpg
    Floor.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 1,167
  • Seat Base.jpg
    Seat Base.jpg