New to forum and jon boats

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lake Coeur D Alene

P7130014.jpg

P7130023.jpg

Mmimsjr said:
Hello everyone, I am new here and just bought a 14 foot jon boat. I don't have a pic yet cause my wife has the camera but I will put some up soon. Anyway this thing is ugly but I couldn't pass up the price $125. I have a few questions tho first the guy rino lined the bottom of the boat and it looks terrible. How dose one go about removing this. Also this seems to be a fairly thin boat so should I be worried about that. And lastly the bottom mesures about 32 in if I were to put a small deck on the back jsut for storage and a small one on the front with a short pedestel seat will it be to tippy. This is the first jon boat I have had and want to make it a fishing machine! :mrgreen:

I tried stripper and scraping on rhino lining, and it didn't do squat. A heat gun and a scraper, however, did wonders. My brother said a blowtorch would work even better, but I didn't chance it, lol. Heat gun should work, it did for me, good luck!

Would I be ok removing the middle seat since there are 3 in this boat and be ok strength wise? I would like to take it out and just put a floor in about 4in above the floor.

Latest posts