Newbie With Some Questions

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with Russo1o.Georgia doesn't require titles so you maybe able to sell there.Check surrounding states and remember,Craig's list is your friend and it's free. :)

I think I'm going to just hang on to this one. Build her up before I put a motor on her. I have contacted the proper authorities and the process has started. I have a baby on the way so I can use this one for now and when the little guy or girl is ready, I'll get something bigger and better. Probadly a 14 or 16 footer. Took her out today, seems like i have a small leak in the rear and its not the drain plug. Thanks guys for all the support

russ010 said:
here's the legal way to do it... but the guys family may want it back... doubtful though

What should the purchaser of a vessel do if he is unable to contact the titled owner to obtain the certificate of title or an executed bill of sale?

Notify the Bureau of Vessel Titles and Registrations in writing stating the existing problem and furnish the Florida registration number of the vessel. The Department will provide the name and address of the titled owner with the necessary instructions for transferring the ownership of the vessel.

I went down to the DMV and explained my situation and the lady was really nice. I got the address for the Bureau of Titles and I sent them a letter. Hope to hear back from them soon.

Latest posts