Not what he said!!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steelman1963

Reaction score
OK here goes. Originally I was told by a relative who was wanting to sell me a boat that it was a Lowes 1448. Well after driving out of state to see it I find that it is a Lowes 1436. I was totally excited to start my build until I came and found it was a 1436. Question I have is I want to do a partial deck and I had no plans on standing even in the 1448. How big a risk am I running on doing the same building but on a 1436?
Is a Lowes 1436 a descent platform and safe enough to work off of. Oh also I will not be having a outboard on it. I fish small farm ponds and public ponds exclusively. Everything is electric only no wake.

Thanks for all the replies in advance.

For reference I'm 6'2" & 250lbs & I fish standing from the front deck in my 1436 no problem. If you're on quiet water so much the better - big boat traffic is the only time i'm ever concerned, but it's really more of a nuisance that I have to stop what i'm doing and angle into the waves.

I set my deck level with the top of the middle bench.

I think you'll be just fine in a 1436. Obviously a wider hull would be more stable but based on your intended use and the fact that you can always sit down if larger waves come along you're going to be fine. Just keep your eyes open and, as always, keep a PFD handy while you're out. You'd have to do that anyway even on a larger hull so knock yourself out and have fun.