Old Tackle box from the 70s.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tompatt

Reaction score
A while back my grandpa gave me his old tackle box. I never payed any attention to it, I got bored and looked through it and found this cool thing called a Bait Baffler. Never seen one before, but it's awesome! It hooks to your belt and it can hold worms or any bait you want really, or lures. Think I may start using it. Here are some pics of the tackle box, a lure, and the bait baffler..

IMG00176-20110604-1445.jpg

IMG00177-20110604-1446.jpg

IMG00178-20110604-1446.jpg

IMG00179-20110604-1446.jpg

IMG00180-20110604-1446.jpg

IMG00181-20110604-1447.jpg

I've seen one of those before. In my youth, many years ago, I knew a guy (baseball umpire) that smoked cigars and used one of those as an ashtray. When he didn't have that on his belt, he would cuff his pants and flick his ashes in the cuff. :shock:

If I Remember Correctly, The Reason It Is Called A Bait Baffler Is You Put It On Your Belt With The "Door" On The Bottom After You Put Some Bedding Or Dirt In, Then Your Night Crawlers Or Redworms. They Head For The Bottom Of The Flipable Container. When You Need More Bait And Open It, You Roll The Container Over On The Pivoting Bolts To Put The Bait On Top In Easy Reach Now. They're Baffled How They Got There. :shock:

countryboy210 said:
If I Remember Correctly, The Reason It Is Called A Bait Baffler Is You Put It On Your Belt With The "Door" On The Bottom After You Put Some Bedding Or Dirt In, Then Your Night Crawlers Or Redworms. They Head For The Bottom Of The Flipable Container. When You Need More Bait And Open It, You Roll The Container Over On The Pivoting Bolts To Put The Bait On Top In Easy Reach Now. They're Baffled How They Got There. :shock:

yep thats how it works. haha catchy name.

Latest posts