Organic foods

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Organic foods?

• Yes

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • No

Votes: 17 70.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
poolie said:
Having my in-ground pool removed next Spring and am thinking about replacing it with a garden. Home grown is vegetables at their best.

Be sure and keep the pool ladder....................................so that you can get in and out of the hole in the ground to tend to the garden! ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist! :)

Jim said:
DocWatson said:
Jim said:
Anyone see the movie Food Inc?
If you haven't... you should.

https://www.foodincmovie.com/about-the-film.php

I saw it.....I was shocked at how they grow chickens. They give them so much stuff to grow fast, that the chickens cant even walk on their own legs from the rapid growth......and we are eating that stuff?

Yea, we are eating it all the time and the scientist are wondering why we just keeping getting obese.

I watched the movie, was shocked to see a lot of it going on and the wife and I decided that we would try organic. The organic bannanas was horrible :LOL2: , I couldn't even eat them. I did notice a different taste in them milk but as far as anything else goes it wasn't enough to justify the cost.

I have thought about all of it for a while and they are saying corporations shouldn't use the chemicals and we shouldn't eat it, But my thought is we are having problems feeding everyone with super grown food and mass producing plants so how is everyone going to get to eat if we don't do it that way.

I find it funny how much organic costs.... considering not having the cost of the normal equipment, chemicals, preserv's...

perchin said:
I find it funny how much organic costs.... considering not having the cost of the normal equipment, chemicals, preserv's...
They have to throw out more of the crop because of insect damage and the poor quaility of the final product. Yields are much lower too. :roll: