Original Boat paint

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fishingman48

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Ok folk's, I know you can get original paint for your car or bike/ motorcycle.
Now how do you get same paint of manufacturer's color's when getting for boat?
I want to touch up some area's!

You could try contacting the manufacturer. I did that for xpress but they only sell it in pints to be applied with sprayer. I only had a couple little rock chips from trailering so I found a touch up pen for a vehicle at Napa that's a very close match.

Tons of things to consider here not even related to being a boat. Just basic paint questions need to be answered first.
Type of original paint and compatibility with the patching paint?
Dealing with a clear coat?
Is the original faded?
Are you looking for custom mix that's perfect or shelf color that's close enough?
Are you looking to roll and tip, rattle can, or compressor?
Are you talking about scratches or panels?

You may find the dealer brand offers a touch-up, you may find a topside quart that's close, you may need a scan from an automotive paint store, you may even find a Rustoleum rattle can that works.

Needs more info.

Tons of things to consider here not even related to being a boat. Just basic paint questions need to be answered first.
Type of original paint and compatibility with the patching paint?
Dealing with a clear coat?
Is the original faded?
Are you looking for custom mix that's perfect or shelf color that's close enough?
Are you looking to roll and tip, rattle can, or compressor?
Are you talking about scratches or panels?

You may find the dealer brand offers a touch-up, you may find a topside quart that's close, you may need a scan from an automotive paint store, you may even find a Rustoleum rattle can that works.

Needs more info.
Nah, not going through all that . Just looking for something which will come close to it ,"Flatheadsteve" hit it with "Manufacture contact & Napa!Only problem with manufacturer is at time's they dis continue model's & along with it the color paint used as well. I thought of Rust oleum as well after I put this up. Just some scratches & one ding/a hole that was patched with JB WELD MARINE two part . Kind of funny folk's see a patch that's not covered up and don't want to get into boat, thinking it might sink .
Hell, if that's the case they should have seen my kayak from the 70's & Rapids in the Adk's & did some body bashin to that big time, Now that was held together with ?????? patches LOL! big time !!!!!!!! that was a point in time air was between my ears & water!

Take a photo of your color, then go to Sherwin Williams or any brick and mortar brand name store. They can match the color. Then buy from their industrial paints. I did to match a 1972 Starcraft original paint touch up project. Worked out ok.

Take a photo of your color, then go to Sherwin Williams or any brick and mortar brand name store. They can match the color. Then buy from their industrial paints. I did to match a 1972 Starcraft original paint touch up project. Worked out ok.
You see it never hurts to ask! I was never afraid to say "I don't know", as there "Alway's" will be one or more that really does!
Thanks' again for an easier way to get something done, never thought. Dam either I am losing it mentallyo_O or too many thing's on my ,mind 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔 I need my boat back in the water fast!manfishing1-1024x675.jpg