Ouachita 1648 Duck Boat Build

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not that it matters since you are replacing it, but did they mount that wench upside down? I don't think I have ever seen a crank on the left.

frydaddy said:
not that it matters since you are replacing it, but did they mount that wench upside down? I don't think I have ever seen a crank on the left.
I think so, it bugs the heck of of me.

Looks like I'm going to need an e fuel pump, picked up a Mr Gasket 42s over the lunch hour today.

ive been moving to a new house for three weeks so I had to throw it back in the barn, hope to start back in on it this weekend!

digi said:
Lookin' good man! Love the build...Love that pic with your dog on the table.

"legally speaking" I don't think you need to have a fire extinguisher in an open jon boat, but if it makes you feel better, safe is good, haha.
In IL you do. Our GW's check for it every time.

I had a 9.9 hp tohatsu on the back of an old Ouachita and I'd hit logs and sandbars with it in about a summer I destroyed the transom. Point being you might want to consider beefing it up especially with a 22hp long tail while your into working on it. Better than finding out you need to in the middle of hunting season. Awesome boat though it should get you places.

Love that light bar dude, I've thought about tryin to mount one on the front of my boat somehow for campin trips...

amk said:
I had a 9.9 hp tohatsu on the back of an old Ouachita and I'd hit logs and sandbars with it in about a summer I destroyed the transom. Point being you might want to consider beefing it up especially with a 22hp long tail while your into working on it. Better than finding out you need to in the middle of hunting season. Awesome boat though it should get you places.
I think I'm going to run it how it is right now and if it gives me problems I'll have an all aluminum transom welded in!

I have the afternoon off so I plan on finishing it up and getting on the water today before dark!!

A little disappointing, had some motor issues. A funny part of the day was that we got a little too confident in the shallows and ended up beaching the boat in about an inch of water lol. We had to get out and drag the boat backwards about twenty yards!

I've got some photos to upload but haven't gotten to it yet.

Latest posts