Own a Raymarine Wi-Fish?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ezekiel2517

Reaction score
15 mins from Tims Ford Lake, Normandy Lake, and Wo
Hey everyone, picked a little cash and was wondering if anyone has or has used a Raymarine Wi-Fish. I have a ipad mini and was wondering how the Raymarine wifi and mapping options work. Couldn't fine many reviews online and figured I would trust you as fellow tin boaters.

Have a good one.

Zeke

Attachments

• Raymarine_Wi-Fish_DownVision-f600x600.jpg.png
    Raymarine_Wi-Fish_DownVision-f600x600.jpg.png
    158.9 KB · Views: 528
Quotable quotes from this review:

" ... I could not see it superceding the permanently mounted sonar/GPS device on my main boat".

I didn’t use a tablet, since my wife wouldn’t let me take her iPad on the water - the moment I caught my first fish while using Raymarine’s Wi-Fish, I saw how splashing and dripping got water on the non-waterproof iPhone screen. It made me think about how I’d adapt if it was raining.

I had my smartphone at or near full charge before every use of Wi-Fish. Nevertheless, in 3 ½ to 4 hours of continuous use, the phone battery lost 80 to 90 percent of its charge.

REVIEW = https://fishing.about.com/od/Field-Reports/fl/First-Look-Using-Raymarinersquos-Wi-Fish-Sonar-with-a-Smartphone.htm

For me, looks like an answer to a question that I didn't ask :shock: !

Attachments

• Wi-Fish.jpg
    Wi-Fish.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 509
neat toy but I could never rely on a tablet or a phone for my primary sonar for the reasons in Dale's post
and also because I just couldn't bring myself to do it

I would rather get a sonar/charplotter that has wifi and use the phone etc as a secondary unit someplace else in the vessel

Latest posts