Owned for 25 years and never got to take it out.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samcrimm

Reaction score
I have gotten my boat back from someone who has had it for around 25 years sitting in his field. I had completely forgotten about it, till I drove pass and spotted it.
I have to call TWRA for the more information about it and to update the registration, I never registered it after I got it. 1998 was the last time. Now that I have you updated. I am going to clean up and camo this boat and hope to make it a duck and fishing boat. I have a 5.5 Evinrude for it and the trailer is well its bad. Here are the pictures.

Attachments

• 20230820_121723.jpg
    20230820_121723.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 20230820_121802.jpg
    20230820_121802.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 20230820_121818.jpg
    20230820_121818.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 20230820_121829.jpg
    20230820_121829.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 20230820_121834.jpg
    20230820_121834.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 6
I have gotten my boat back from someone who has had it for around 25 years sitting in his field. I had completely forgotten about it, till I drove pass and spotted it.
I have to call TWRA for the more information about it and to update the registration, I never registered it after I got it. 1998 was the last time. Now that I have you updated. I am going to clean up and camo this boat and hope to make it a duck and fishing boat. I have a 5.5 Evinrude for it and the trailer is well its bad. Here are the pictures.
Are those taillights on the Back? Signal lights?

What is going on with the stern? Can not really tell but looks odd because the boat is painted but not that section.

To me it looks like a sheet of aluminum was added to the transom and sealed around the edges.

Are those taillights on the Back? Signal lights?

My motor vehicle department has a rule on how far trailer tail lights can be from the back of the boat. If the trailer lights were too far back under the boat, maybe those tail lights on the boat were the remedy to be in compliance. At least that was the first thing that occurred to me.

It's an Alumacraft.
There will be a model/serial stamped in the spine of the transom brace that will help your journey with the TWRA. Post it here if you would like me to date it for you. I have copies of the factory production numbers.
It's likely from the '50s considering the lights. Many trailers from that era only offered a single taillight and it was an option. The whole recreational trailering thing was a slow evolution.
For what it's worth, if it was never registered, I'm going to assume it was never taxed at the county clerk. In the absence of that clerk paper, it might be the path of least resistance to have your neighbor "sell" it back to you. The county won't even look at whose name was last belonging to the registration numbers and being a non-titular state, the TWRA will register a bucket if you have paid county taxes on it.
Tennessee is super easy to get a boat on the water - you can literally do a bill of sale on a cocktail napkin - but the counties want their tax money and only then will the TWRA want their registration money.
(the TWRA also offers an actual bill of sale online that will streamline the process)
(also for another hint, take a paper copy of a photo to the clerk when you pay taxes on your $75 boat, if you know what I mean. Make sure the photo shows the current bow numbers. They will reuse them. The brand, size, serial, and year can be entered fresh when you're at the clerk, too. There are spaces for that info on their bill of sale.)
Also for what it's worth, I've been down this registration rabbithole a few times. Sometimes it's much easier to just throw the $20-30 of tax money at it, rather than the esoteric paperwork for the other routes that garner greater scrutiny.
But it's great boat. They're built like battleships. Congrats on owning it again.

That's a nice old Alumacraft boat. A perfect boat for a restoration being from a quality known manufacturer. You can even get copies of the original decals on eBay for it.

Well long story, but back then I didn't take time to fish and the people I loaned the boat to, burned up the motor. Didn't tell me about for long while so I was hoping they would do the right thing but didn't. So more or less I let them store it and I had lost interest in fishing. So I have rekindled the fishing bug and watching Youtube and all the neat things people are doing to their boats. Check out my jetski I am fishing off of.

Attachments

• 20230704_170319.jpg
    20230704_170319.jpg
    324.6 KB · Views: 1
It's an Alumacraft.
There will be a model/serial stamped in the spine of the transom brace that will help your journey with the TWRA. Post it here if you would like me to date it for you. I have copies of the factory production numbers.
It's likely from the '50s considering the lights. Many trailers from that era only offered a single taillight and it was an option. The whole recreational trailering thing was a slow evolution.
For what it's worth, if it was never registered, I'm going to assume it was never taxed at the county clerk. In the absence of that clerk paper, it might be the path of least resistance to have your neighbor "sell" it back to you. The county won't even look at whose name was last belonging to the registration numbers and being a non-titular state, the TWRA will register a bucket if you have paid county taxes on it.
Tennessee is super easy to get a boat on the water - you can literally do a bill of sale on a cocktail napkin - but the counties want their tax money and only then will the TWRA want their registration money.
(the TWRA also offers an actual bill of sale online that will streamline the process)
(also for another hint, take a paper copy of a photo to the clerk when you pay taxes on your $75 boat, if you know what I mean. Make sure the photo shows the current bow numbers. They will reuse them. The brand, size, serial, and year can be entered fresh when you're at the clerk, too. There are spaces for that info on their bill of sale.)
Also for what it's worth, I've been down this registration rabbithole a few times. Sometimes it's much easier to just throw the $20-30 of tax money at it, rather than the esoteric paperwork for the other routes that garner greater scrutiny.
But it's great boat. They're built like battleships. Congrats on owning it again.
Thanks I will be in touch with you, after I find the number. It neat that on here people want to help, thanks again!

To me it looks like a sheet of aluminum was added to the transom and sealed around the edges.

My motor vehicle department has a rule on how far trailer tail lights can be from the back of the boat. If the trailer lights were too far back under the boat, maybe those tail lights on the boat were the remedy to be in compliance. At least that was the first thing that occurred to me.
it was a piece of plywood and has rottened off. The trailer had no light that I could see. So I guess that was part of it way back then.

It's an Alumacraft.
I found the numbers and they are A6-15963, now you have me wonder how old this boat is!