Pirates on US/Mexico border.... no, seriously

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I spoke to a gal who guides on Falcon about that very thing. If you are fishing the mexican side and are armed, it's a big no/no. You can fish the texas side all you want and be armed to the teeth, but as soon as you go to mexico's water armed, well, you can understand the problem.

I asked if she could just outrun them. Of course, her friends that were robbed didn't know the bad guys were bad guys, till they were on them and drew guns out. How would you like to be on a guided fishing trip just to be robbed of all your cash? Yikes. The only good thing now is that no one has been kidnapped (yet).

why don't we just take the lake and make it U.S. Territorial waters. Where was that used aircraft carrier ad..... :twisted:

Simple solution. Notify the Mexican authorities to control their citizens or we will and then put 2 or 3 unmanned, armed drones over the lake with high res cameras and as soon as a camera picks up any boat with armed occupants, all the drones fire on the craft and take it out.

Do that once or twice and the pirates will think twice before they launch on that lake again. Low cost, effective and simple. :wink:

DocWatson said:
Simple solution. Notify the Mexican authorities to control their citizens or we will and then put 2 or 3 unmanned, armed drones over the lake with high res cameras and as soon as a camera picks up any boat with armed occupants, all the drones fire on the craft and take it out.

Do that once or twice and the pirates will think twice before they launch on that lake again. Low cost, effective and simple. :wink:

That would be great OJT for new UAV operators before they use their skills elsewhere :)

I'm going undercover as one of them for a sting operation...

...who's with me?

pirate.jpg

Waterwings said:
DocWatson said:

That would be great OJT for new UAV operators before they use their skills elsewhere :)
Excellent point !!!! =D> I completely overlooked that benefit. #-o :LOL2:

I'm going undercover as one of them for a sting operation...

...who's with me?

LOL :LOL2: :LOL2: . they'll never tell your american i promise

again, our president is to busy golfing and kissing other countrys ***'s to worry about america

crazymanme2 said:
This is not good.Another one possibly dead.

https://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101007/ap_on_re_us/us_border_lake_shooting

It's the same person. Mexico is just now getting around to acting like they are interested.

That's not good at all. I personally feel that if we (the USA) doesn't do something soon to get a handle on this now, that it will only escalate further. Trying not to get political here, but when our citizens are being harrassed, robbed, killed, it's time to send them (the bad guys) a very distinct message, and i don't mean some lame letter or meeting over a friggin' beer.

Quackrstackr said:
crazymanme2 said:

It's the same person. Mexico is just now getting around to acting like they are interested.

not that I don't think there is a problem that needs to be stopped...... but I don't buy this woman's story for a second. I've read over 3 renditions of her story, and it keeps changing.... They used to live on the mexican side, and were well aware of the situation, and were warned ahead of time to stay out of there..... she keeps saying on their boat... then jetski... they were surrounded by boats and open-fired on.... but she got away unharmed...hmmm... not to mention they apparently can catch up to 70mph jetski's and surround them... nor does she seem all to sad about it all... now his family seem very upset by all this... I think she offed him, or they are trying to pull off some insurance scam... you heard it here first..

Perchin - did you read the link? The lead investigator from Mexico is dead now.... Something is going on there.

perchin said:
Quackrstackr said:
crazymanme2 said:

not that I don't think there is a problem that needs to be stopped...... but I don't buy this woman's story for a second. I've read over 3 renditions of her story, and it keeps changing.... They used to live on the mexican side, and were well aware of the situation, and were warned ahead of time to stay out of there..... she keeps saying on their boat... then jetski... they were surrounded by boats and open-fired on.... but she got away unharmed...hmmm... not to mention they apparently can catch up to 70mph jetski's and surround them... nor does she seem all to sad about it all... now his family seem very upset by all this... I think she offed him, or they are trying to pull off some insurance scam... you heard it here first..

I said the same when she first got on the air waves about it, that was my first wanrning sign, but its been on The Blaze.com from the beginning and its always lead into doubt on her story, but there has been some intresting break thrus to support her story here in the pass 24hrs, one is being pulled over before the trip and they have both jet skis on car cam, so who knows where this story will go now?

wasilvers said:
Perchin - did you read the link? The lead investigator from Mexico is dead now.... Something is going on there.

Ummmmm...... did you read the beginning line of my post?

perchin said:
wasilvers said:
Ummmmm...... I wont even respond...
sorry, didn't mean for that to come off mean. Please accept my apologies.

It seems like there is more truth to her story if others are dying who are supposed to be helping her.

Her story may, or may not, be true. The real, undisputed facts here are: 1) the cartels are out of control; 2) U.S. citizens have been killed on both sides of the border, all along the length of the border; and 3) the U.S. government has steadfastly and consistently failed to take effective action.

The solution: 1) Secure the border.
2) The drug warlords consider violence as just another tool in their toobox.
They grew up on violence and have zero hesitation to use it. The only
way to get through to them is to bring hell on earth to their door step and
through the door.

Politically Incorrect, I know. Just .02 from a guy who lives in Texas and knows a (very) little about gangs and what drives them.

What really makes this so hard to fathom is how would this story be taken if it happened in the states? Local law and govt. getting assassinated over drugs...

Seems that that lake is a conduit for drugs and it should be patrolled, UAV's or even shore cameras with DEA or even military intercepts. A couple high profile stops would shut down most of the cross water traffic although it'd be hard since even a high powered bass boat could cross the three mile wide lake in under two minutes.

For the girl, I think it's just about impossible to collect insurance without a death certificate.

Jamie

Latest posts