Plastic Gas Tanks

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep the vent open and or disconnect the fuel line from the motor when not in use.

I am not sure how this thread went from my unventable fuel tank to gas with ethanol.

But it is true that mixed fuel will do damage to outboards especially the older ones. If you have a smart phone there is an app available titled "Pure Gas" which lists stations that sell gasoline with no ethanol added. I am lucky as I live in an area close to Kentucky Lake and there are quite a few stations that carry pure gas for the boaters. It is expensive but still cheaper than repairing what the alcohol will do to the fuel system.

Clint KY said:
I am not sure how this thread went from my unventable fuel tank to gas with ethanol.

But it is true that mixed fuel will do damage to outboards especially the older ones. If you have a smart phone there is an app available titled "Pure Gas" which lists stations that sell gasoline with no ethanol added. I am lucky as I live in an area close to Kentucky Lake and there are quite a few stations that carry pure gas for the boaters. It is expensive but still cheaper than repairing what the alcohol will do to the fuel system.
I've got this app and it helped me find the one "Pure Gas" station within reasonable driving distance (1 hr) and it's on the other side of town (about 30 minutes to drive). Now If I could just get the darn motor to run. GRRRR

I have a question, of which I have researched with no definitive answer . . . .

do any of you chemistry scientists think that the ethanol vapor
expands in volume more so than the gasoline vapor ?? or, about the same.
I put gas in my lawnmower yesterday and left the half full 5 gallon
gas jug in the sun and forgot about it . . . two hours later, it was so
blown up, you would think it could roll around by itself like a beach ball.
I have a new local WaWa that carries NonEth gas so that is what I will be
using for my boat now.....
So I was just wondering if the Eth-Free expands the same ratio as the 10% blend.
I have used the blend for so long, I honestly can't remember what it used to be like.

jethro said:
Here in NH its pretty much only aviation fuel or race gas that you get non-ethanol. Have to deal with it, it's just a fact of life.

Pure Gas says - The Lumber Barn - 2460 Hwy 114 - Bradford NH - less than 20 minutes from you.

btw: I worked in Nashua from the late 60s till the late 90s.

I bought a new Yamaha 15 two years ago. I got the Yamaha 6 gallon and their fuel line. My tank is vented and has the clicker type gas cap like a car.

Don't even get me started with the EPA...............

RiverBottomOutdoors:
Thanks for the links.
A fuel-demand valve is on my list and should solve the O.P. Clint KY.'s situation also.

Congress is now voting on the E-15 law. Please contact your local senators and congressmen and ask them to vote no on the E-15 expansion law. Boat US has an excellent Email sample available.

As to plastic tanks and venting leave it to the EPA to screw things up even further. One chlorinated swiming pool does more damage with VOC's than all the vented portable gas tanks put together, just another example of moronic government at work.