propane torch

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wasilvers

Reaction score
I bought a propane torch from harbor frieght the other day. Cost about $12 (https://www.harborfreight.com/propane-torch-91033.html on sale.

Originally I got it for burning the paint off a drum I'm making into a smoker. But I read somewhere of people starting their charcoal with them, so I gave it a shot yesterday. I have trouble starting charcoal when it is freezing out and windy 25+mph. But this burner works AWESOME!!! I just placed my charcoal in the grill and fired up the burner. About 20-30 seconds on the coals and they were started. Closed the lid, opened the vents, and was ready to cook in about 10 mintues.

I plan on starting all my coals with this now!

Concerning that drum, you could just start a wood fire in it and that should get the paint off for you. When smoking, you don't get very hot anyway, I only get up to 175 tops. Paint on the outside would probably be a-ok.
Tim

Could always try one of these too.

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200311878_200311878

I bought one last week to kill some weeds and the thing is kind of scary! LOL

One of those and a Weber chimney tool and your good to go. I would burn my house down playing with it! How far can you shoot the flame?

Video time! :LOL2:

parkerdog said:
The noise alone is awsome isn't it wasilvers!

Oh yeah! I got into a little trouble Sunday after church. There is a park next door and a walking trail behind my house. I wanted to start a fire in the firepit, but who want's to wait and build it up from small sticks. I just piled junk in and brought out THE TORCH! I put the flame to it and the pit rolling in flames in no time. Apparently a guy in his "Sunday Best" using a 'flame thrower' is a sight as my wife informed me afterwards. She said I had a crowd gathered and watching my every move - some looked ready to run at a moments notice. I didn't hear them because of the small jet engine I was using to light my fire and watching the flames go rolling up about 3-4 feet high. She said most people looked at me like I was "CRAZY" and seemed genuinly afraid. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Latest posts