Redoing my floor... NEW Floor is IN! *Road signs*

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used a flat ******* file on my sharp edges, it smooths the alum. pretty quick also and you can round off corners fairly quickly too.

I found some used aluminum baking pans on craigslist. 16" x 24". I wonder if something like that would work with proper support.....

thanks, yea i thought it would be better in the long run.

About the baking sheets, I suppose it would work fine depending on how well u support it. I would advise doing just as i did and post an add on craigslist and see if anyone contacts u. u would be surprised at the # of ppl with road signs in their possession

Well the weather finally got nice enough to paint so here's the finished product

IMG_20130327_160845_535_zpsa72928e4.jpg

IMG_20130327_160826_550_zpsfdf075b7.jpg

I am very pleased with the way it turned out. Next project is to put hydroturf overtop

Are you planning to use the boat for awhile before you put the carpet in? I'm just curious why you painted the floor? After cutting my signs to size, I scuffed them up real good with a flapper wheel to make sure there isnt any oxidation and I'll glue the carpet directly to the aluminum. I'm not saying your wrong, I'm questioning if I'm doing something wrong. I hope not as my front deck has allready been carpeted and installed, lol.

Heres my floor panels that I got cut last night and brought in to get warm. They will get carpeted today. I thought my panels were large enough that I wouldnt have to piece anything together but the one large one was too big. I had to piece two pieces together. I just cut a seperate 4" strip and used it to rivet the two panels together. It feels very solid.

DSC01603.JPG

I painted because I plan to keep it like that for a little while until I can convince myself to spend more money for hydroturf. I scuffed up the surface with a wire wheel, self etching primer, then painted. Stuck really well so far

I just got some road signs from my buddy in the town....I am really trying to plan all aluminum except maybe the bench seat tops.