Riding mowers

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will be getting a new mower next year and will be replacing my Craftsman 12.5 hp rider. I will probably be going back to another Craftsman. I got mine back in 1991 and it has served me well. As far as motor work the only thing I had to do was clean the carb. once. And that was because a mouse built a nest under the hood.

lswoody said:
I will be getting a new mower next year and will be replacing my Craftsman 12.5 hp rider. I will probably be going back to another Craftsman. I got mine back in 1991 and it has served me well. As far as motor work the only thing I had to do was clean the carb. once. And that was because a mouse built a nest under the hood.
I don't know. Back in the day, Craftsmen made some good stuff. These days, however, I think you might find a much lesser quality mower with their name on it.

They are like most others (Craftsman).

You can buy low end or you can buy high end. It all depends on what you want and what your wallet can withstand. I bought a lower middle of the road offering and have had no problems with it other than ones that I have created like running over a railroad spike that my dog took out of the boat and dropped in the yard :oops: .

thanks for the input fellers

still havent decided yet, well actually im dipping into the mower fund to go to tn on a crappie fishing trip this weekend :oops: (dont tell the old lady)

I'll def. be getting an older metal body mower, these new rigs are too high dollar for abunch of plastic

Quackrstackr said:
They are like most others (Craftsman).

You can buy low end or you can buy high end. It all depends on what you want and what your wallet can withstand. I bought a lower middle of the road offering and have had no problems with it other than ones that I have created like running over a railroad spike that my dog took out of the boat and dropped in the yard :oops: .

The question there is what the heck was a railroad spike doing in the boat? :shock:

bassboy1 said:
The question there is what the heck was a railroad spike doing in the boat? :shock:

:lol: :lol:

They make dandy impromptu duck decoy anchors.

They will also nearly punch a hole in a 1/8" mower deck, bend the heck out of a blade and shear the ears off of the star shaped key that keeps it from spinning on the shaft. :shock:

I have a Craftsman 42in with a 16hp Kohler engine,bought it in 2000.Other than replacing 2 blades that I destroyed,Ive only had one minor problem.The main fuse from the factory was 15A.When it blew I kept replacing it with a 15a,and it kept blowing.It was still under warranty, so we had them come out.Service guy replaced the fuse with a 30a,and I've had NO problems since.Not one thing.I cut grass and pull a dumpcart in the summer; plow snow with it in the winter.I may have just got lucky to get a real good one.

the zero turn mowers help save alot of time. I have a Cub Cadet commercial that is zero turn. Bought a heavier duty than I needed because my wife drives it now and then and she is rough on it. The zero turn cuts the time in half or less than half. leaves more time to do other things.

the zero turn mowers help save alot of time. I have a Cub Cadet commercial that is zero turn

quit ur braggin!

lol i watch my neighbor mow his hard w/ his zero every week. He'll mow it even when it doesnt need mow'd because he said its so much fun to drive :LOL2:

one of those will have to be acouple years down the road I need a big boat first :LOL2: