Sbritt's 2013 1648NCS alumacraft build

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice boat. Looks like that it should be pretty stable. 43 mph? That's moving pretty good. When you get it propped & raised it will really move then.

How does the boat set in the water? Is it stern heavy? If so, I would consider the pods. I like the idea of moving the battery forward.....if you can leave the fuel aft, it is safer to separate the two. You boat is very functional for gigging.....I say you put a small center console in and maybe a good fishbox/livewell since you use for commercial. If you plan on putting a larger motor you will probably be reaching the limits of the hull.......If you need the speed I would get a larger boat that can handle the appropriate engine. Just my thoughts, you did a great job so far. =D> =D> Hey Dave he called you a pro..... #-o :p

bigwave said:
How does the boat set in the water? Is it stern heavy? If so, I would consider the pods. I like the idea of moving the battery forward.....if you can leave the fuel aft, it is safer to separate the two. You boat is very functional for gigging.....I say you put a small center console in and maybe a good fishbox/livewell since you use for commercial. If you plan on putting a larger motor you will probably be reaching the limits of the hull.......If you need the speed I would get a larger boat that can handle the appropriate engine. Just my thoughts, you did a great job so far. =D> =D> Hey Dave he called you a pro..... #-o :p

Its not really stern heavy. with the motor trimmed all the way down with me sitting in the back of it the pisser of the motor is about 2 inches from the water line. on the stern i really havent paid alot of attention to it but i feel like its about 8-10 inches from the top of the transom i could totally be wrong though ill have to check it out tom when i put her in the water. Im more of a tiller man i just like it so much more with nothing in the floor just a big open area. My live well is a removeable live well made out a 15 gallon chlorine bucket. I will be mounting a blige pump to a piece of wood along with with some PVC for a high speed pick up it will be C-Clamped to the transom with the hoses ran to the bucket with a overflow on the bucket and just click the wiring to my trolling motor battery. Its not the best or most expensive live well but i can keep, pogies, mullet minnows or anything aive in it for a while. Really dont need a true fish box. i have a YANK cooler i have made that is strapped down to the floor its a 80 qt cooler that i ran some threaded rod for and backed with flat bar. Have to have this set up because of the custom gigs i use on 1 gig i have a 1 inch barb so i cant loose fish. And on the other its a 4 prong threaded lag bolt gig and YOU WILL NOT shake the fish off this one so thats the reason for the YANK cooler. I should be completely done with the project tom I HOPE! And ill take the final pictures of what it would look like when used for gigging and what it would look like when i do my flats fishing.....Im looking forward to gigging next week out this rig. I got to make alot of money back to break even. I usually do pretty good anywhere between 80-100 lbs a night. So i gotta get to fishing or the wife is going to kill me

stevesecotec02 said:
When u added the hatches in the stearn did u have to remove foam from that area?

Yeah i took the foam out there wasn't very much back there to start with so it wasn't serving no purpose and plus it gave me some good storage.

Ok cool thanos. I'm picking the same boat up on Monday and think I'm gonna add hatches like your did.