SCREWED

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sonny1

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_1758.JPGIMG_1759.JPG Some of the Hail was the size of golf balls. Lasted about 20 minutes. Every vehicle has hail damage. Fiat is really dented up bad. Motorcycle has about eight nice dents in gas tank. Siding on house took a few holes. Roof has a major leak and we have rain all night into tomorrow morning. Sheet rock in ceiling not looking to good. It looks like a flipping war zone. Boat has a few new dents but not bad.

Your much worse than we are, hope your ins gets you squared away. We have had a record amount of east/ northeast winds this summer. Not sure how the fish know but the fishing season was hot but then stopped for weeks with these **** winds. Had three weeks of this in late spring then again in July for a few weeks and again now with at least two weeks in the forecast. North/ east winds in our area stop the fishing cold, not sure how the fish know.

No warning at all. Wifes phone went off with warning ten minutes into the storm. Quick inspection of roof and caulking around one of the fan vents is gone. So off to Lowes in tulsa in the morning. Baseball size hail one mile north of us and it is bad. Broken windshields and major damage to cars and homes. The really bad storms are supposed to hit tonight. Fiat is a total loss. Dents everywhere. Went from a 5k to7k car to if I am lucky 1k It was up for sale. Motorcycle believe with a non paint dent puller can save. Trucks are about the same. Boat did get some more dents but that just means more fairing compound. Worried about the storms tonight. Just collision on vehicles so no help there.

I'm so sorry, that sounds miserable! I just looked at your area on my weather app and it looks terrible right now. Be safe out there tonight, brother!

Some wicked stuff last night. I haven't seen a storm cloud that dark and ominous looking in a long time. The worst of it missed us, I heard there was some rotation for a while but no tornados that I know of, just hard rain and a little wind. We desperately needed the rain so I'm thankful for that.

The pic doesn't really do it justice, the clouds were dark.

Attachments

• PXL_20230924_002313418.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230924_002313418.MP.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 0
Lost power last night and just got it back about hour ago. Heavy thunderstorms all night long. We got over 5 inches of rain. Spent most of the night mopping up water and emptying buckets. Being Sunday all the hardware stores are closed so it is a trip to Tulsa. Glad I got extra pain pills roof is going to be a choir.

Spent the better part of the day helping my dad out. Just southeast of here in McIntosh county they got hit hard last night. Power poles down trees down everywhere. The entire county is without power. Six rather large oak trees fell across his dirt road leading up to the place. Ranch operator who knows my dad well helped out a lot. Got the road open and his generator is now running. I spent the better part of the day getting the generator up and running. Did make it to the hardware store and got some stuff for the roof. Looks like one of the larger chunks of hail made it through the roof. No rain tonight or tomorrow so should be able to get it repaired in the morning. The amount of damage from the hail and thunderstorms is almost unbelievable. Within a 5 mile stretch on Hwy 9 down where my dad lives has 17 power poles on the ground. Several Barns missing their roofs and scrape sheet metal everywhere. They say the town of Eufaula got hit hard. Main street is blocked off to traffic. It is going to take the entire area awhile to recover. If I make it up the ladder I can fix the roof. Buying a no paint dent pulling kit and figure when I am done with three vehicles and a motorcycle should be pretty good at it.

Sorry to hear this.
A few years back we had a very bad hailstorm the house got a new roof, siding, some of the cedar fence was replaced and all of it was stained. The car that was outside got a new roof and hood. Somehow the car windows didn't get broken. Was on a generator for a couple of days.

Sorry to hear this.
A few years back we had a very bad hailstorm the house got a new roof, siding, some of the cedar fence was replaced and all of it was stained. The car that was outside got a new roof and hood. Somehow the car windows didn't get broken. Was on a generator for a couple of days.
The hail storm was bad enough but the thunderstorms storms that hit most of Southeast Oklahoma last night were some of the most damaging I have seen in a long time. This area is not known for its wealth so a lot of people are in hurt city. I have seen tornados that created less widespread damage. I am retired and enjoy working with my hands so repairing the cars and motorcycle is no big deal. I replaced the roof ten years ago with nails not stables so my shingles are in fair shape even after the hail and thunderstorms. Apparently one of those baseball size hail found my roof and went right through it. Some tin and caulking should hold for a while.

Last edited:
Please report how the roof is after you get it done. I'm really sorry to hear of so much damage to so many.

Man, that all sounds just terrible! Sorry to hear you got hit with that, Sonny! We rarely see hail in Florida, and it’s mostly small pieces when we do… what you had sounds so dangerous! I can only imagine what animals suffer!

I must say, bad as it was, you seem to have the right grit and attitude to deal with it! I hope recovery is quick…

The response to and crisis is what tells the whole story of what people are made of. Sonny1 is just a prime example of that very thing; bad as the storm was and the damage it inflicted upon him, his family and his community, he jumped right back up and began rebuilding/ restoring his life. Proud of you!

Well the fun and games have begun. One ladder up against the house and here comes the scum. So called roofing company's pulling into the driveway. Not polite with them at all. Tell them to turn it around and get off the property. The stupid ones try to say something. I got no love for such scum. Have received numerous phone calls this morning about roof inspections. A respectable company has no need to resort to such tactics. They are already booked. Low life son of a ###### should be run off.

Well the fun and games have begun. One ladder up against the house and here comes the scum. So called roofing company's pulling into the driveway. Not polite with them at all. Tell them to turn it around and get off the property. The stupid ones try to say something. I got no love for such scum. Have received numerous phone calls this morning about roof inspections. A respectable company has no need to resort to such tactics. They are already booked. Low life son of a ###### should be run off.
We have a house in Rockport, Texas. Hurricane Harvey made landfall there a few years back. When we got back in the area after being evacuated, there were so many roofing/siding experts popping up it was sickening. I was a lucky one. My main roof only lost a couple shingles. I lost the entire bump-out for the laundry room, but we were replacing that anyhow so Insurance helped with that project. My neighbor was not so lucky. His house looked like Godzilla kicked the corner off of it.

I need to get back on the roof today and finish up. Reflashed the large fan vent with goop. Had a hole about the size of a baseball just below the vent. Used a piece of tin and carefully removed about 8 shingles so I could nail the tin inplace and spread goop. Only thing left to do is replace shingles. Taking some extra pain pills and spreading my prescription pain cream all over my back and knees. Might even add a little liquid courage. Need to get this done so I can get back on the boat.