Selling boat question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, that 1756 is a pretty heavy boat. My 1652 is quite a bit lighter. Like you said, a Carolina skiff 14' or a G3 1448 WOF would be half the weight or even less. You may want to look into keeping your motor since you know it's history and I think most people looking at a 1756 would be looking for 40-60 hp or a jet setup. You could probably even remove the side console (if it's not welded to the hull) and transfer it to a 1448 boat. Regardless of what boat you end up with, you'll want to put side guides on the trailer to help with loading it straight. I had my boat out on Friday and I was able to load it and pull out in under a minute. I have the bunks lined up right along the strakes so it's almost self centering. And I would start with Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace to list the boat at no cost. I've sold several boats through craigslist, just put good pictures up and give good details to minimize the stupid questions you'll get.

Here's a picture of the trailer and one showing our ramp which comes down at an angle and then drops off.

Attachments

• Tacoma_ray111.jpg
    Tacoma_ray111.jpg
    595.6 KB · Views: 208
  • trailer4.jpg
    trailer4.jpg
    500.1 KB · Views: 208
JL8Jeff said:
Yeah, that 1756 is a pretty heavy boat. My 1652 is quite a bit lighter. Like you said, a Carolina skiff 14' or a G3 1448 WOF would be half the weight or even less. You may want to look into keeping your motor since you know it's history and I think most people looking at a 1756 would be looking for 40-60 hp or a jet setup. You could probably even remove the side console (if it's not welded to the hull) and transfer it to a 1448 boat. Regardless of what boat you end up with, you'll want to put side guides on the trailer to help with loading it straight. I had my boat out on Friday and I was able to load it and pull out in under a minute. I have the bunks lined up right along the strakes so it's almost self centering. And I would start with Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace to list the boat at no cost. I've sold several boats through craigslist, just put good pictures up and give good details to minimize the stupid questions you'll get.

Here's a picture of the trailer and one showing our ramp which comes down at an angle and then drops off.

Being from Central NJ, that’s the type of ramp I launched from 90+% of the time.

Unfortunately, there’s no aftermarket conversion kit to go from console to tiller.
Also, it’s conducive to removing the console to sell.

If you were to get a 1448 WOF type of setup, you could have the side console added and still retain your current motor/controls setup. There are several at AKMccallum to give you an idea.

https://www.akmccallumco.com/check-out-our-accessories--steering-consoles-storage
-

Not gonna be a Carolina Skiff or related kind of boat. Went onto a friend’s Skiff a couple days back. Just as heavy as the G3.

Latest posts