Service Manuals

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Already have the book for small motors, but grabbed the other one for future reference. Thanks.

My manual arrived today in like new condition and in a timely manner. Worth the small cost to obtain.

Same here. Digital is nice, but it is harder to "delete" the actual manual without knowing it. I also find You Tube to also be a wealth of knowledge, if you don't get distracted. Just fixed the AFM issue with my new, old 2007 Chevy Tahoe I bought as a tow vehicle. Video of procedures can really help along with what others had issues with.

I received my oem service manuals this week. The Merc 150 is over double the thickness of the Yamaha 90. ;)

Attachments

• IMG_8998.jpg
    IMG_8998.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 0
Same here. Digital is nice, but it is harder to "delete" the actual manual without knowing it. I also find You Tube to also be a wealth of knowledge, if you don't get distracted. Just fixed the AFM issue with my new, old 2007 Chevy Tahoe I bought as a tow vehicle. Video of procedures can really help along with what others had issues with.
The problem is that now alot of manufacturers no longer have hard copy manuals available. Everything is going completely digital. Nissan service manuals have been digital for several years now, its just a matter of time...

The problem is that now alot of manufacturers no longer have hard copy manuals available. Everything is going completely digital. Nissan service manuals have been digital for several years now, its just a matter of time...
Having them in PDF is nice for searching and can print just the few pages you need. That is with a PC/laptop. Not so much on the phone.

Everything I have is old and manuals are available either new or used. I use both the manual and the internet when I need to know something. Manuals have all the needed specs and the internet can show disassembly/reassembly techniques. I will never buy a new boat again. Used older stuff can be had pretty cheap comparatively speaking. Part of the reason I have just a bare bones tin boat. Less to go wrong and keep up with. The Texas sun eats up most anything else in pretty short order.

Being a computer idiot makes me nervous about downloading anything I want to keep as I fear I might delete it by accident. I go old school and keep important things on a thumb drive. Some of my toys have both hard copy and digital if that is what it is called. I like having both, can sit back in my easy chair and read or plug in the thumb drive and actuall find stuff quicker !! My Mercruiser manual is on my thumb drive, 900 plus pages...easier to pull up and print what I need then keep those in a binder for future reference.

I have a full service manual and parts manual for my 1935 Ford on my phone. It has come in handy at times when looking for parts to rebuild. I have hard copies of them as well. They both have their uses. I also try and not download anything I don't need to.

I know a little about computers, but not a lot. One thing I do know is if I accidentally delete something it's not gone. It's still on my computer, it just now resides in the recycle bin. You can also set a large number for how big your recycle bin is. Mine is huge by default. I can find stuff I deleted 6 mos ago or more in there.

What I most dislike about digital manuals is navigating them. Need to scroll through the whole thing most of the time, I have some manuals that are 3000 pages, it can take a while if what you are looking for is towards the back.

What I most dislike about digital manuals is navigating them. Need to scroll through the whole thing most of the time, I have some manuals that are 3000 pages, it can take a while if what you are looking for is towards the back.
Same here. It's so much easier to pick up a hard copy and thumb through.

Being a computer idiot makes me nervous about downloading anything I want to keep as I fear I might delete it by accident. I go old school and keep important things on a thumb drive. Some of my toys have both hard copy and digital if that is what it is called. I like having both, can sit back in my easy chair and read or plug in the thumb drive and actuall find stuff quicker !! My Mercruiser manual is on my thumb drive, 900 plus pages...easier to pull up and print what I need then keep those in a binder for future reference.
I always try to keep backups of my backups across several storage options. Hard drives will fail, thumb drives go corrupt, dvds/CDS get scratch and become unreadable, and online storage can get expensive. But I use them all to keep backups. I've lost alot of stuff over the years to failed hard drives and computers that suddenly stop working.

Last edited: