Small project turned into major overhaul

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was hoping to be finished by now, I'm close though. All the decks are in. Hatches are done. Stereo system is in. All wiring is done. Just painted a bit today thought I'd share a few pictures.
6ee63558edfc38bc1681ea4abac7f288.jpg
a4d8a3ae402de7c6fcca340100703727.jpg
2cad3bfa827ab389172c7bf3bb9675db.jpg
a5c633577deef5c1da67078332cda84e.jpg
73e5b70381091b91cff342fd7147ebeb.jpg
f705e1c7dd34e2413279f95eb966ec10.jpg
8b2910fbcc534b9102b4744ce887c2a3.jpg
d207dae3e8f669015638a8afad525ba6.jpg
ad23170e2a42ba42d508147ef4c3cf0d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Boat is complete as of the 14th, took it out on the 15th all is ship shape. No leaks, radio works great, fish weren't biting though. Caught a pickerel but couldn't land him going to have to try a shallower lake or get bigger lures etc...
I'll post finished pics as soon as I get some. Lighting in my garage is crappy. Should have took pictures when I had it out.

Looking good!
Heck to them pickerel :p the shad are in the river now, not the best eating but smoked they are pretty darn good, put up a decent fight, and are fun to catch. You don't have far to go!

I am onto my 3rd tin boat trying to be contempt. It is a Lowe Bass Catcher Pro I use at Promised Land, Lake Wallenpaupack and Beltsville. Pocono resident.

Tbthwacker said:
I am onto my 3rd tin boat trying to be contempt. It is a Lowe Bass Catcher Pro I use at Promised Land, Lake Wallenpaupack and Beltsville. Pocono resident.

Me too, only I didn't get rid of the first two!!!! #-o
One is for bigger water, one is for smaller lakes, and one is a jet for the river, I realized that's the only way to be content! :lol:

overboard said:
Looking good!
Heck to them pickerel [emoji14] the shad are in the river now, not the best eating but smoked they are pretty darn good, put up a decent fight, and are fun to catch. You don't have far to go!
Are shad really boney and hard to clean? They are nearby, I hear they are around Easton now.

Tbthwacker said:
The maiden voyage was at Beltsville. I want to try wallenpaupack next. Shad, I hear you catch from the shore.

REALLY BONEY! Like I said, I gave some to a guy I know that smoked them and they were pretty good, meat pulled right off the bones.
I guarantee that shad are above the water gap, and yes shad can be caught from both the shore and from a boat. Much easier in a boat, just anchor and let flutter spoons or shad darts hang out the back or you can even troll for them, much better than making a ton of casts.

I want to get up there, no time, don't ever go on pension! :shock: :lol:
Got a new frig delivered today, tomorrow need to change oil in a Z-turn, Fri PPL is picking up the old frig, need to mow, need to mount the jet, then turkey opens and then walleyes open, plus a few other things, not enough hrs. in the day! It's tough, but I'll somehow manage!!!! :LOL2:

overboard said:
I want to get up there, no time, don't ever go on pension! :shock: :lol:
Got a new frig delivered today, tomorrow need to change oil in a Z-turn, Fri PPL is picking up the old frig, need to mow, need to mount the jet, then turkey opens and then walleyes open, plus a few other things, not enough hrs. in the day! It's tough, but I'll somehow manage!!!! :LOL2:

I hear ya, I'm trying to finish all my spring stuff before next week. You ever go to Nockamixon? I have a 35 hp motor, says you can only have a 20 or less so I guess I can't go there.

Latest posts