Some questions on finishing my 14' mod v mod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I chucked the 3/16 rivet setting bit into a drill and used a file to take down the diameter so it smoothly actuates. I also spread the retaining spring. Problem solved.

A word of advice. I used my benchtop band saw with a bimetal blade. After some cutting the blade got clogged with aluminum bits and needed cleaning. I also had to do cuts by hand as the bandsaw does not have the throat depth when cutting large pieces. I since have ordered a non-ferrous metal cutting blade for my 10" chop saw. I will use this going forward for cleaner faster cuts.

https://www.amazon.com/D1080N-Diablo-10-Inch-Non-Ferrous-PermaShield/dp/B00008WQ38/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1491750004&sr=8-3&keywords=diablo+non+ferrous+blade

Framing is done and now onto the next phase.

The next phase brings some more questions.

I was planning on using regular black/red 12awg zip cord in the black split loom for protection. I am now seeing marine duplex cable. Benefits of the duplex over the other? Freshwater only here.

Electrically, I have a 24v trolling motor as my main motor on electric only lakes. I was going to pull from one of the batteries for the fishfinder and 12v accessory outlets but am now thinking of adding a smaller separate battery for the auxiliary loads.

Decking: was planning on 3/4 plywood but an thinking 1/2 plywood now. The question is the hinges for the hatches. I am not sure what size offset hinges to go with on either plan. The dimensions are somewhat sketchy online. If I can not find the hinges with the proper offset I may just pick up a bender from Harbor Freight and get some 4" aluminum continuous hinges and bend them myself. Thoughts?

Foam: I am planning on lots of 1" foam stuffed everywhere I can fit it. I want to line most storage compartments with foam and possibly an frp skin to protect hull and the foam. I am guessing spray adhesive. Any better ways of lining storage compartments? Maybe just carpet over the foam and go with multiple layers of 1/2" foam to help with the curves?